INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sync problem  (Read 5921 times)

Harold

• Recent member
sync problem
« on: April 28, 2014, 04:34:26 pm »

I have media jukebox 14, subscription downloads at $15.99 month.   Trying to sync sansa clip as before, but now tells me it can't activate my computer and I should check my subscription.  I am paid up, so whats wrong?  This just started the other day.
When I try to sync I get this:  " There was a problem activating your computer for subscription downloads. Verify that your subscription is up to date"  All my other internet connections are working.
thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: sync problem
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 07:02:18 pm »

I'm sorry for the problem.  We will check tomorrow.

JohnT

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 10:49:27 am »

Please try again,  I cleared your activated devices.
Do you have multiple Sansa Clip devices, or just one?  For some reason, it had multiple Sansa's as well as multiple PC's activated for your account.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 03:45:13 pm »

Only one pc,  but I do have two sansa clip,  one named sansa old style and one sansa clip zip 4GB.    Will this cause a problem in the future?

thanks        Addition to post:   I tried to sync again, but now it does not show my computer as activated and gives me no option nor will it let me type in my pc name.

So how do I activate my computer for this.

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 11:34:32 am »

Hello.....  my mp3's are needing syncd.   I can/t do it untill this issue is corrected.

thanks

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 12:09:38 pm »

Strange, because your account does show your PC being activated on April 27th so it should be valid for downloading.

Did you recently upgrade or change your computer system in some way?  There may be a DRM problem on your computer, can you play play full length songs from within the Performer store?

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »

I can play full songs in performer store.  The only change I made since the 27th was to download Quicktime to access a file, then I uninstalled it using files and programs.
MJ recognizes my sanza clip, but then comes up with the computer activation screen which is blank and will not let me browse or enter my computer name.  If I cancel this screen its like it is trying to sync but then tells me that it can't tranfer due to subscription and transfer rights.  All my songs are in mostly wma files.  Is there a number I can call and talk through this....send me an email etc?
thanks

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 07:19:12 am »

Email sent.

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 10:23:56 am »

Back again.....   I think when you credited my account for the last month, they stopped my subscription.  I can't sync now.  It says I need to upgrade my account to copy subscription files to PC.  If I say yes its wants me to subscribe?   Please check thanks.
Refer to our emails in needed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 10:27:33 am »

That would happen if you were including tracks from the Performer Store.  Try a few of your own files.

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 03:06:19 pm »

That is what I'm trying to do.   I have all my subscription downloads on the pc, and have a sansa clip mp3 player I want to sync.  It will not let me sync and I can't play any music on the performer store but for 30 seconds no matter what.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 03:10:12 pm »

If you're getting only 30 seconds, you don't have a current subscription.  You can't sync Performer subscription tracks unless you have a "portable" subscription.

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 03:14:27 pm »

I know... but my account says I do.  "John" worked on this problem back ..May 5th,  and gave me a months credit for the problems I had.   The notice I get is...   Your account does not include the option for downloading subscription files to a pc.  Would you like to upgrade now?  Yes or No.
I said yes this morning just in case you had canceled me.  But I show portable device as being active on my account at 15.99 a month.  Whats up.
thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 03:32:57 pm »

We will check on Tuesday (holiday on Monday).  Try changing the account type.

Are you trying to sync more than one device?  I don't think that will work.

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 03:47:25 pm »

have 2 mp3 players, both worked in the past..up to May 5th the last time I synced.  I was only trying to sync one of them, but I have tried both today.  They give me the same remark.    I don't want to change to standard subscription.. I only use your service for portable music players.    Sounds like you have canceled my subscription, but you can check it  out.
thanks

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 07:54:04 am »

Your subscription should now be back to the correct portable subscription type.  Sorry for the trouble.

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 04:29:55 pm »

Said there was problem with credit card info.  so I updated to a newer card, same number and updated account.  Two days have passed and I can't sync my mp3.......again.
thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 05:07:17 pm »

Try changing the subscription type.

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 11:55:16 am »

Changed and paid for portable device.  Still no luck.   Seems to be repeat of the above sync problem.  Last sync was July 29th.

JohnT

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 03:51:50 pm »

Please try now.  I manually added the subscription to your account.
Pages: [1]   Go Up