INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get JRiver to auto resume on video/movies  (Read 4034 times)

raider

• Junior Woodchuck
How to get JRiver to auto resume on video/movies
« on: May 06, 2014, 05:18:33 am »

Hi,

I am having trouble how to get JRiver to auto resume a video/movie. I have googled and from the JriverWiki it appears that I need to set a bookmark tag.

I have set the Resume playback using bookmarks as Automatic.

How do I set the bookmark tag on the files? I cant seem to follow what is indicated on the Wiki. http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Bookmarking

Is there a how to guide somewhere?

Sorry. still a beginner with JRiver and am often lost in the many settings.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Re: How to get JRiver to auto resume on video/movies
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 06:24:15 am »

You do not need to worry about setting the Bookmark Tag;  the Bookmark Field is not User editable.  When playing from the Server, it is written automatically.  Please read the section in the Wiki regarding Bookmarks on the Client (it starts with Please Note).  Currently, Gizmo does not support Bookmarks.

If you are having trouble, if you could explain your set-up and what it is doing, I could maybe help answer some more specific issues/questions.

raider

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How to get JRiver to auto resume on video/movies
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:27:20 am »

Thanks connersw.

Could you please tell me which particular Wiki you are referring to?

My current setup is just to run JRiver on my HTPC which is connected to the TV. I enabled the automatic bookmark feature and I don't think I did anything else. I was trying to set the bookmark tag but thanks to you, I now know that this is not user editable.

I was also just running jriver from windows...I did not start jriver server or anything...could this be the reason I have bookmarking issues?

connersw

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 08:51:14 am »

The same Wiki article you originally linked.

I'm referring to running JRiver as a Library Server (ie you are using it on two or more PCs where one PC is the Server and the other PCs are the Clients):  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server 

If you are just running it on your one HTPC, and playing files locally, then the Bookmark Tag will be set automatically.  Make sure the folder your files are saved in has full read/write access. 

I still do not understand what issues you are actually having.  Could you please explain what the problem actually is?

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 09:38:18 am »

When testing this, make sure that you are playing for more than 60 seconds, and resuming will not occur when you are very close to the end of a video. (I think something like 5% or 10%)

It should just happen automatically with video playback.

connersw

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 09:40:57 am »

96% through, and it will start from the beginning. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 11:07:36 am »

Press stop twice to clear the bookmark.

raider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 08:09:41 am »

Thanks guys.

I think I might know where the problem is.....some of the file folders are read only...but the files itself is not read only...they are set to Archive. I wonder if this is the reason I am having issues....I will do some testing....

Thanks again.

Edit. It looks like under Windows 8, all the folders are Read only?? Is this the reason auto resume doesnt work on my system?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 11:35:02 am »

Thanks guys.

I think I might know where the problem is.....some of the file folders are read only...but the files itself is not read only...they are set to Archive. I wonder if this is the reason I am having issues....I will do some testing....

Thanks again.

Edit. It looks like under Windows 8, all the folders are Read only?? Is this the reason auto resume doesnt work on my system?

Unless it's a check in the checkbox, it's just the default (not read-only) attribute.

See attached.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 05:40:47 pm »

The read-only problem is quite well-known. There are many fixes to be found on the net, but none have worked for me. I seem to have this problem randomly in Win7 and Win8 on certain drives. THe only thing they have in common is that those drives were used in other systems before, and were not formatted before being used in my current systems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up