INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to turn off Library Server, Gizmo and only use DLNA  (Read 3122 times)

iSea33

How to turn off Library Server, Gizmo and only use DLNA
« on: May 20, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »

Hello. I have Media Centre (v18.0.212) on Windows 8.1. I turned on 'Use media network to share this library and turn on DLNA'. Now when I go to view network devices in windows explorer there are DLNA and Library Server. I just want to use DLNA to share my media with other devices in my home network and don't want any web access to my media at all. So, how to disable this things such as Gizmo, Webgizmo, Library Server etc while keeping DLNA? I can't find any help regarding this in the wiki. The wiki has v16 screenshots which seems to have the ability to disable these but its currently outdated!

If anyone can help me it would be great. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to turn off Library Server, Gizmo and only use DLNA
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 05:11:15 pm »

You could read on the wiki about Library Server.  It would not normally be visible outside your local network.  You can add a login and password.

iSea33

Re: How to turn off Library Server, Gizmo and only use DLNA
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 05:03:44 pm »

You could read on the wiki about Library Server.  It would not normally be visible outside your local network.  You can add a login and password.

I did read the wiki but my question was not answered there. Version 16 probably has ways to turn off unwanted things such as this (Gizmo, Webgizmo, MCWS) by the look of the (x) buttons in those screenshots of the wiki. But wiki is currently outdated. The top of the page says this.

Does v18 have ways to do this hidden somewhere which I maybe am missing? Please help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up