INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove duplicate albums  (Read 1389 times)

andersvinberg

How to remove duplicate albums
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:26:12 pm »

(New to JRiver, please refer me if this is a well-known subject.)

How do I remove duplicate albums that came from different directories?
I don't have them yet, but will soon: I have some directories with recent imports but they are not complete, lack a lot of older stuff. There is also a directory that contains a large dump of my entire Meridian Sooloos library at a point in time: it goes back to the beginning but is not complete. Unfortunately the libraries overlap.

Can I import and tell MC to skip duplicates? Or if I import them all, can I later clean up the duplicates?

"Duplicate" in this case means the same file and file type in different directories. (The same file in both FLAC and MP3 format, which I accidentally got, is easier to remove.)

And yes, I can avoid the problem by fooling around with my directories, but that is a pain and will not be future-proof.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to remove duplicate albums
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:40:15 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

You can "soft" delete items you don't want.  Del and Shift Del behave differently.  Read carefully.  Try a few before you do very many. 

You can do this with groups of tracks by searching for the location (drive or directory) where there are files you don't want.

Explore auto import options.  Tools/Import/Autoimport.  You can set rules for what you import.
Pages: [1]   Go Up