INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying fields to paste outside of MC  (Read 1001 times)

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
Copying fields to paste outside of MC
« on: May 29, 2014, 07:58:40 am »

Is it possible to be able to copy the entire field 'artist-album (year)' and paste elsewhere?  It appears you can do that with all the separate fields, (and I assume that's because you can change them) but when making lists of artist-albums (year) onto forum, or wherever, it would be rather convenient to be able to copy this entire field in one swoop.  Is there a way?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Copying fields to paste outside of MC
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 08:47:28 am »

Any and all fields (except thumbnails and icons) in the file list will be copied when you Ctrl-C (Copy).  It can then be pasted.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 09:43:50 am »

Any and all fields (except thumbnails and icons) in the file list will be copied when you Ctrl-C (Copy).  It can then be pasted.

Perfect!   Why is it sometimes the obvious is the one thing we overlook.  Thanks MrC!

EDIT:  I thought that would be the answer and I do see the option to Edit Commands > Copy, but then when I go to my notes I am making outside of MC, I can not paste it.  But I can copy/paste if I highlight each individual field, as if you were going to edit text, right click 'copy'  then I can paste it anywhere,  which is what I have been doing.

Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 11:03:12 am »

If you are highlighting an individual "field", that must mean you are not copying from the File List (at the bottom of MC, when it is open).  The attached screenshot shows where to select - in this case, the data in the rows for tracks 4-6 will be copied.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up