INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.138 -- Available Here  (Read 6525 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.138 -- Available Here
« on: June 09, 2014, 10:27:18 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190138.exe

19.0.138 (6/5/2014)

1. Fixed: Video capture or STB television recordings using Hauppauge HDPVR/Colossus/HDPVR2 would always have FPS value of 25.
2. Fixed: Theater View television guide grid didn't show programs at present time or in the near future if many channels do not have associated guide data.
3. NEW: Added media sub types Sports, Workout, and Concert (Concert will also use center focused mixing).
4. Fixed: Jump on play set to Theater View Playing Now would stall if Mini view was in use.
5. Fixed: The thumbnails in the Theater View List Lineup View did not properly display category images (like Series and Season for TV Shows).
6. Fixed: The duration of VobSubs in MKV files was not properly honored.
7. Fixed: When bitstreaming, the gapped fade between tracks mode will get treated like gapless (because it's not possible to do a gapped fade when bitstreaming).
8. Changed: Sidecar subtitles will have a higher priority if the name of the sidecar exactly matches the name of the file.
9. Fixed: Emailing an image as the original size would result in a 1x1 px image.

19.0.137 (6/2/2014)

1. Fixed: Syncing the library could result in a playlist smartlist being reversed.
2. Fixed: Attaching a Twitter account now works again as well as updating twitter status.
3. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).
4. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
5. Fixed: Time-shifting did not work in build 19.0.136 for Hauppauge HD PVR family devices if the audio format is different from what was assumed initially.
6. Fixed: mp4/m4a files containing malformed copyright atom (that does not conform to ISO standard) could not be imported.
7. Changed: Removed obsolete Last.fm play radio station.
8. Changed: Updated Slovak language (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: In-place editing the month would not accept January.
10. Fixed: MC would prevent system from going to sleep after failed (due to tuner failure for example) attempt at recording a television show.
11. Fixed: MC could crash when using MCWS to request the files in a tree that no longer exists (because the files were removed or tags changed recently).

19.0.136 (5/22/2014)

1. Fixed: When DSD files were transcoded to PCM over DLNA with sample rate set to "same as source", they were ending up with an unplayable sample rate of 2822400.  Now the sample rate is capped at 176400 on these transcodes.
2. Changed: Relaxed some error handling so that some malformed m4a/ALAC files can still be played in MC.
3. Faster: Uploading Cover Art and background images to the graphics card in Theater View is more efficient on Intel GPUs.
4. NEW: Added a time display to the main roller in the default Theater View skins in all views.
5. Changed: Internal change in television playback.  Please report anything odd, especially with set-top-box devices.
6. Changed: Eliminated unnecessary graph-building and tearing down when recording or running time-shifting on analog television tuner/capture devices.
7. Fixed: Slideshows for Image Playback were broken in 19.0.135 and skipping images.
8. Changed: The average frame rate calculation for Theater View rendering is more accurate.
9. Fixed: Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Game Edition Plus did not work in MC.
10. Fixed: Time-shifting and recording in jtv format did not work for Hauppauge HDPVR/Colossus/HDPVR2 video capture devices (if the device audio format was AAC).

19.0.135 (5/16/2014)

1. Fixed: The Rating Stars in the Standard View Playback Status were cut off when using 125% Size or greater.
2. Fixed: Starting to record a television program on a set-top-box device while watching the program live did not work (would show erroneous channel changing pop-up confirmation).
3. Fixed: Recording a television program while watching it live would result in two recordings (one might be very short).
4. Fixed: Watching a television program that was currently being recorded off a Set-top-box would result in erroneous channel-changing pop-up confirmation box.
5. Changed: Improved the loading of full resolution images in Theater View Cover views to reduce the visible sharpening effect when the thumbnail is replaced by the full resolution image.
6. Changed: Changed the way the timings for Theater View animations are calculated, which should lead to smoother animations while the GPU is busy.
7. Changed: The resolution of the cover textures in Theater View Cover Flow/List is automatically determined based on the screen resolution, instead of a hardcoded value.
8. Fixed: HTTP Live Streaming did not properly deliver a playlist on the first call to the Library Server since 19.0.133.

19.0.134 (5/13/2014)

1. Fixed: MP3 transcodes over media networking were reporting a content length 4096 bytes less than actual.  No real data was lost because of null padding at the end, but this might confuse a fussy renderer.
2. Fixed: When multiple STB channels were grouped into a single set of channels, if one device was in use, the other device might not work correctly.
3. Fixed: Installing plugins and connecting to a Library Server would fail if the User Profile Path included Unicode characters.
4. Fixed: Using "Auto Size All Columns" did not save the column width, causing the layout to reset on next load.
5. Fixed: Streaming MP3 to ChromeCast could cause playback to get stuck at the end of the file.
6. Fixed: Blu-ray/PGS subtitles could be shown too late, instead of at their appropriate display time.
7. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).

19.0.133 (5/8/2014)

1. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
2. Fixed: MC could crash at the end of television channel scanning in some circumstances.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Fixed: HTTP Keep-Alive support wasn't working properly in all cases.
5. Fixed: The last segment in HTTP Live Streaming could get stuck in some players due to an invalid timestamp.
6. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR version 0.87.10.
7. Fixed: Progress reporting for video conversions was not reliable.
8. Fixed: The Prepare parameter of the MCWS File/GetFile function did not work.

19.0.132 (4/30/2014)

1. NEW: Added television subscription options "Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past" and "Do not record reruns" to television options (Tools > Options > Television > Recording).  The choices will be automatically applied to every subscription recording unless the user overrides them.
2. Changed: Increased the threshold of the pseudo-surround detection to reduce the risk of false positives.
3. NEW: Added an option to disable pseudo-surround detection in Output Format DSP.
4. Changed: There are now 5 television recording priorities (previously only 3).
5. NEW: Added television recording option "Allow setting some details when scheduling recording in Theater View".
6. NEW: Detail List Views in Standard View show Series/Season artwork as the grouping thumbnail instead of an episode thumbnail.
7. Changed: Changing the Year/Month/Day fields will cause the Date field to be written to file tags.
8. Changed: List Edit windows allow using right-click on their background to bring up a context menu, in addition to right-clicking existing entries.
9. NEW: Support for exporting playlists in the Windows Media Player Playlist format (WPL Playlist).
10. Changed: Updated New Zealand DVB-T frequency table (thanks J-a-k-e).

19.0.131 (4/25/2014)

1. Changed: Updated satellite tuning parameter file for 28.2°E satellite (Astra 2F) to include the new transponder position for ITV HD in the United Kingdom.
2. Changed: Improved error resilience of SACD DST parsing.
3. Fixed: The Installer did not properly install TV related functionality in the last couple builds.
4. Fixed: The new MCWS function Television/GetRecordingSchedule did not return intended information.

19.0.130 (4/23/2014)

1. Changed: When the user switches from Display View to Theater view to browse TV guide grid, the currently playing show will remain in a small window even if the user selects a different program in the grid.
2. Changed: Minor corrections in Chinese language files.
3. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
4. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Television/GetRecordingSchedule, to return a list of scheduled television recordings for the next specified number of hours.
5. Fixed: ReplayGain tags were not properly written to MP3 files during audio conversion.
6. Fixed: WASAPI notifications were not properly unregistered, which may have caused playback failure with some audio devices.
7. Fixed: SHOUTcast in Theater View was broken since early 2014 due to the service changing.
8. Changed: Removed categories from the Theater View YouTube plugin which all showed the same content.

Goatshade

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.138 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 03:36:52 am »

Just dropping in to re-affirm that DVD content still does not behave as it should in terms of stream configuration retention. I rip my DVD's via DVDFab into VIDEO_TS folder structure. When I play these files, select an alternate audio stream (such as Japanese) and/or a subtitle stream, stop playback, and then start it again, I find that my selections are "forgotten" by MC, with everything reverting to the defaults (English with no subtitles, for instance). This makes the creation of particles for the purposes of audio analysis for multiple audio streams in a video container entirely useless. BD rips (BDMV folder structure) do not exhibit this issue, and function perfectly.

Reposting. I realise I was late getting into the last thread.

connersw

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:35:01 am »

19.0.138 (6/5/2014)
5. Fixed: The thumbnails in the Theater View List Lineup View did not properly display category images (like Series and Season for TV Shows).

Thanks for looking into this Hendrik.  Unfortunately, it is still not quite perfect.  Theater View List Lineup View now appropriately shows Series and Season Cover Art; however, the Thumbnails in this List Style are now heavily pixelated around the edges (see attached screen shot).  These Thumbnails appear cleanly in other List Styles.

Also, this applies to all List Styles, not just List Lineup, but it would be nice if the Cover Art defaulted to the highest available ranking order when there is a hierarchy in Details.  As it is now, it defaults down to the lowest, Episode Art.   For example, if I have Genre -> Series TVInfo -> Season TVInfo, I would like to see Series Cover Art used for the Thumbnails in the Genre View.  As it is now, it uses Episode Cover Art for the Genre View, and doesn't switch to Series Cover Art until I drill into Series TVInfo.  Please see screen shot below.  I think using the top hierarchy Cover Art would create a cleaner look.

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked
Track info screen
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 05:01:11 am »

On any track info in playing now, you cannot right click and change anything.  You have to go back to a view and do it in the action window.  None of my Sound Spectrum products had this issue. I haven't seen this until now so I am assuming it is new to 138.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Track info screen
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 01:59:48 pm »

On any track info in playing now, you cannot right click and change anything.  You have to go back to a view and do it in the action window.  None of my Sound Spectrum products had this issue. I haven't seen this until now so I am assuming it is new to 138.

Next build:
Fixed: Track Info pages would not accept right-click or double-click on some machines.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Roger O

• Recent member
Gizmo
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 06:42:13 pm »

Is there a reason why Gizmo is now hogging up 100% resources on the server end?

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 07:15:30 pm »

same here, been listening to gizmo from server on workstation (client) and server has 2401mb left out of average 11GB left.

also noticing when skipping a track, gizmo shows the song that is next to play (using gizmo on shuffle mode via selecting rock 5 star'd) but then on the workstation (client) a error pops up stating there is nothing to play, then gizmo loads the next song, and it plays fine...this happens on every skip on gizmo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up