INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 does not reconnect to USB device  (Read 5551 times)

GoldenEar

MC19 does not reconnect to USB device
« on: June 22, 2014, 11:31:37 pm »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have searched a lot, but didn't find an answer to my question. My setup is as follows: headless Mac mini late 2012 with 4 GB hooked up via USB to a Devialet 250 (for those who don't know Devialet: it is an integrated amp with an internal DAC). MC19 is set to use the USB of the Devialet. The music is stored on the HD of the Mac mini. I am using JRemote to control playback.

My problem is that each time I turn the Devialet off and return, I cannot play music using JRemote. I have to access the Mac mini via screen sharing and then the playback starts. It is sufficient to open the screen sharing program and the playback begins, I do not need to change any settings or so. I also do not need to klick the play button in MC19, I only access the screen and it starts (after a little while).

To me this is annoying, since I want to operate my system without direct access to the screen. I am not considering the option of leaving the amp on all the time. Can you help me?

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC19 does not reconnect to USB device
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:10:00 am »

I've heard of problems with headless Mac Minis.  Usually they're related to graphics though.  I tried what you explained here with a couple DACs on a headless Mac Mini and everything worked smoothly.  It could be a problem with the DAC driver.  

Read this thread for information on a similar problem with a Devialet.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

GoldenEar

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 03:03:41 pm »

Thanks for the answer. The other thread is not really helpful, since I already have exclusive access disabled. It also deals with AIR, which is a totally different interface.

I've tracked that further down and it is not a problem of Devialet or JRiver. If I power off the mini and the Devialet and bring them up again, everything works smoothly, BUT only if I operate it directly via screen sharing. If I try it with JRemote the results are mixed. Sometimes it plays, but in most cases not. If I sleep the Mac and wake it up via JRemote, it doesn't play in most cases. The time indicator counts up to 3, 4, or 5 seconds and then jumps back to zero. This continues over and over.

Maybe I should post that in another section of the forum?

nununo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 06:02:49 am »

Hi,

I have a similar problem which I describe here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89783.new;topicseen#new

I find it strange that it's related to JRemote because it does instruct JRiver to play so we can presume that MacMini is no longer sleeping and JRiver is actually trying to play something. So... maybe JRiver should do something more?

Does JRiver staff read this forum? Maybe they could give us some input on this.

Cheers,
Nuno

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 09:16:55 am »

I'll do some more testing today.  Like your description, it seems gizmo is able to connect to the library but can't play.  Thanks for your help!
Adam Thompson, JRiver

secretgardener

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 11:34:10 am »

I am having the same problem with a Devialet 250 linked directly via usb to a RipNAS Statement running Windows Home Server as an OS. The RipNAS does not hibernate, but the Devialet does enter standby. Once in standby Gizmo running on a Nexus Android tablet finds the library and allows track selection but the track repeats the first 4 seconds and the music never starts. That repeats the problem described here.

Doing the same and trying to start tracks directly in Media Center 17 with screen and mouse connected, gives the same result, totally within Windows.

WHS power management has no control over usb port sleeping and I am reluctant to start altering BIOS settings.

The only answer once Media Center has lost usb contact is to close it and reopen it - then the usb port appears to reawaken and the Devialet usb symbol switches from grey to white as music resumes.

Has anyone yet found a solution that does not involve rebooting Media Center? I am aware of the similar nununo thread but I am posting here as my query is also Devialet related, but this time within a Windows environment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up