INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wish list (add your own)  (Read 2627 times)

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
wish list (add your own)
« on: June 25, 2014, 04:18:44 pm »

I can not find a single/global wish list, perhaps I have not looked hard enough.
At any rate, here is my wish list to be incorporated into new versions.
- Put a "wish List" button under help.
    so that you could easily pick the most requested features.
- Enable per song/album DSP settings (as well as a global DSP) to be saved within each folder, or in a master folder.
    I am sick of altering the DSP settings everytime I change albums, or songs in a compilation.
- Option to keep the DSP window's size and location.
    Everytime I alter a setting, the DSP window jumps to the background, or auto-resizes.
- Make folder playback simpler.
    If songs are not imported into the library, sometimes you can not see them in explorer.
- When importing a large directory, the software gets very slow to respond. Make importing to library not a high priority.
    If you are playing something, and importing files into library, you may not be able to change volume, or even stop play.
- Option to set the size of scroll bars - they are way too thin!
    Perhaps having the ability to modify skins.
- A simple "Back" button.
    similar to Ctrl+Z in windows, meaning "take me one step back", just in case you wish to undo the last command.
- . . . . . . . ? ?

Now add your own.
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

BernhardS

• World Citizen
Re: wish list (add your own)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:39:03 pm »

- A simple "Back" button.
    similar to Ctrl+Z in windows, meaning "take me one step back", just in case you wish to undo the last command.

... Options > Tree & View > ... Customize Toolbars ... you can ad and place the undo button

Good idea - here is my wish: Save the skin and other global settings in the user profile -

Bernhard
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 04:13:21 am »

Thanx for your suggestion, it almost does what I want, but I really meant "take me one step back" to where I was before.
Saving your pref. and profile is a very good idea.
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

TCube

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 04:35:43 am »

Hello,

- Enable per song/album DSP settings (as well as a global DSP) to be saved within each folder, or in a master folder.
    I am sick of altering the DSP settings everytime I change albums, or songs in a compilation.

Why would you do that ?
Speaking for myself direct out with Class A amplifier to Hi-Fi speakers is just plenty for me.
Is it something you would need with different output systems in different rooms ? Then I guess that would make a lot of sense.
TC

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 05:54:25 am »

DSP is more than a means of getting best sound quality out!
I use the DSP's Parametric Equalizer to implement precise filtering. or adjust volume for different songs in a compilation.
Sometimes I use the Tempo to slow down certain performances by a few percent - it does a wonderful job.
For your info. my equipment is:
- Leema acoustics elements DAC
- Hartung Monoblock OTL valve amplification
- Sonus Faber grand piano speakers
- 50mm granite base for both the speakers and the amps.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 06:53:30 am »

Is it something you would need with different output systems in different rooms ? Then I guess that would make a lot of sense.
The Zones feature already lets you configure separate audio devices independently.

I use the DSP's Parametric Equalizer to implement precise filtering. or adjust volume for different songs in a compilation.
If you have Volume Leveling enabled and want all tracks in a compilation to be played at an equal level, set the [Media Sub Type] to "Podcast".

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 09:20:23 am »

More useful replies, thanx.
However, I sometimes make my own compilations from different albums, with differing volume levels between songs that are not from the same album - hell they may be my own recordings!
so volume levelling will not work. Also there are other settings too in DSP.
I do have a mediaplayer on my Android phone, that does exactly what I want, it saves a little text file next to the song or album, and if you click "auto DSP", it loads the settings per song or album or per folder.

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 09:25:55 am »

Add this to the wish list;
Under DSP - Tempo
the sliders have too much of a range, I mean who wants to listen to a track at 5 times the speed?
Have a toggle switch to limit the range to 0.3 - it means 30 percent faster or slower.
I do use this feature, it works very good, but never more than 10 percent.
Just enough to personalize the tempo on some classical tracks/performances.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 01:28:30 am »

Theatre View:

Provide a floating toolbar which only appears when you mouse for the play control on screen.

Make its contents customisable, but include:

1 Audio settings quick access
2 Auto import
3 ?

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 05:46:31 am »

More useful replies, thanx.
However, I sometimes make my own compilations from different albums, with differing volume levels between songs that are not from the same album - hell they may be my own recordings!
so volume levelling will not work.
Setting the Media Sub Type to "Podcast" forces Media Center to use track-based leveling rather than album-based leveling.
There was talk a while back of adding a way to do this without changing the sub type (marking an album as a "mixtape") but I don't think anything has been implemented for that yet.

Doing this should solve your problem.

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 07:00:43 am »

Thank you.
But volume leveling is just one issue.
I need to set the entire DSP, per track or album.
Some albums/track equalization is not to my liking, neither is the tempo.
A simple script saved next to a track or in a folder, to auto configure DSP  should not be difficult.
I know of a handful of free media players that have the facility - but none are as good as JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up