INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing YouTube through the JRiver Audio Processor  (Read 9761 times)

hotMetal

Playing YouTube through the JRiver Audio Processor
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:14:04 am »

Hi,

I would like to know is there a way to playback YouTube videos through JRiver using JRiver's DSP audio processor?
Presently it bypasses the DSP audio processor for upscaling to the desired sample rate, EQ etc. if you follow the Audio Path within JRiver.
This I think will make for a top quality YouTube experience.

Please let me know if this is at all possible. I'm running a NAD M51 DAC in ASIO mode via USB and would like to bypass the Windows audio mixer for this purpose.

Thank you

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Playing YouTube through the JRiver Audio Processor
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 05:58:18 am »

When navigating to a youtube video in JRiver, try holding down the CTRL button when clicking on a video.  That should give you several options; if you choose to "play the file inside the player" that should do what you want.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 06:11:48 am »

Recently I've been finding that I need to right-click the link to a video and select "open" for Media Center to intercept it and play it back through its audio/video engine.

It's a bit of a pain, but worth the trouble.
Unfortunately YouTube seems intent on restricting what you can play if you aren't using Flash, so videos are limited to 720p resolution.

hotMetal

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 06:23:07 am »

It works brilliantly! However it needs to be right CTRL and it does not remember the preference even if you tick the box. But it's all good. Sounds way better now.

Thank you

Hilton

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 06:24:42 am »

Hi,

I would like to know is there a way to playback YouTube videos through JRiver using JRiver's DSP audio processor?
Presently it bypasses the DSP audio processor for upscaling to the desired sample rate, EQ etc. if you follow the Audio Path within JRiver.
This I think will make for a top quality YouTube experience.

Please let me know if this is at all possible. I'm running a NAD M51 DAC in ASIO mode via USB and would like to bypass the Windows audio mixer for this purpose.

Thank you

You can use loopback mode to process any other players audio stream with JRiver MC19 DSP.

Right click on the speaker that controls volume in the windows system tray, and then left click playback devices.
Set default windows playback device to something that MC19 isn't using. An unused analog or optical output is a good choice.

Then in MC19 click file>open live and select WASAPI Loopback.  
Then start up youtube or any other app or media player and the audio will be routed through MC19.

I have a specific zone setup for this and I leave a live://loopback file in the playlist for that zone so all I have to do is change to that zone and double click the file to start loopback.
If you go down this path, just copy your existing default zone to a new zone, call the zone loopback and start the loopback in that zone with file open live.
When your finished don't forget to press stop, or if like me you use zone switcher, you can set zone switcher to stop loopback for you automatically when you start playback of any MC19 media.

I use this for Hulu, Spotify, Youtube and Netflix to use the MC19 DSPs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up