INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spectrum Analyzer Frequency Range  (Read 1492 times)

Prime2515103

Spectrum Analyzer Frequency Range
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:41:37 am »

I'm using JRiver 19.0.138 on Windows 7 64-bit, SP1.

I'm noticing that the spectrum analyzer built into JRiver isn't very accurate. The bars seem to start somewhere in the lower midrange.

Is there a way to adjust the frequency range?

If not, I might suggest adding a feature to select the starting and ending frequencies and the stepping (I don't know what to call it... like 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 3/4, 1 octave).

Just so I'm clear, I might set the starting frequency to 16Hz and select 1 octave so I would get bars for: 16Hz (the lowest note in music that I know of), 32Hz, 64Hz, 128Hz, etc.. And maybe set the ending frequency to 16,384Hz.

An option to display the frequencies under the graph would be nice also.

I wouldn't expect this to be laboratory accurate, but a more realistic representation of what is being played would be nice.

P.S. I get a lot of crashing while using the Visualization Studio, and it doesn't want to obey the order in which I enter colors for gradients.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Spectrum Analyzer Frequency Range
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:15:55 am »

Using the "Standard" draw method option instead of DirectX seemed to be a lot more stable for me.
I haven't really spent much time with visualization studio, but I think there were settings for the thing you want.

Prime2515103

Re: Spectrum Analyzer Frequency Range
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 10:51:47 am »

There is only an option to "squish" the highs. The other option is linear, but it still starts in the lower midrange. There doesn't appear to be any other controls for the frequency range.
Pages: [1]   Go Up