INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make j river not find the metadata on-line only for the series?  (Read 1738 times)

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen

How to make j river not find the metadata on-line only for the series?

I don't want that J river search for me the metatada of the series of my library. The metadata on-line of any series is wrong.

It is mandatory to disable the option of "get movie and tv info"?

What is the difference between this options?:

- get movie and tv info. ==> ¿is to get the metadata info & cover of the internet?
- get cover art ==> ¿is to get only the cover of the internet?
- build thumbnails ==> ¿is to get only the cover of the metadata of local file?

¿works all this 3 options for all media sub types files? tv show, movie, adult...
¿what is the website from that j river get data?

Thank you!

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

With TV Series, MC will:
- On Importing, MC will try to populate the Name, Series, Eps, Season from the name of the file itself.
- On Importing, MC will build a Thumbnail from the video itself
- Optional: Get Movie and TV Info will then use the above info to get more Meta Data from the Internet and an image to replace the thumbnail
- Optional: Get Coverart will get from the Internet for both the Series and Season (if available)

I find the process very accurate and rarely see any issues (though my stuff is all main stream content)
JRiver CEO Elect

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

The best solution would be to fix your real problem with the online metadata lookup, so that you can actually get metadata through the system.  This is discussed here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90226.0

However, if you really don't want to get metadata for a particular set of files, while preserving automatic Metadata lookup for other files (where it actually works), the simplest solution would be to:

1. Tag those files with some [Media Sub Type] other than TV Show.  You can do this automatically at import time if you know other details about them (their Series, for example) with Tag on Import rules.

2. If you want them to be separated out from your "regular" TV Shows in your Views anyway, then you're done, and can just make a new View that shows only this Media Sub Type.  However, if you want them to be all shown together, but have those special shows never get looked up, then you'll need to alter any Views where you want them  both to show to include [Media Sub Type] = TV Show, <Whatever You Picked In Step 1>.  That way, they'll still all be shown in the view together.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up