INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo help  (Read 851 times)

doctorjazz

• Recent member
Gizmo help
« on: July 06, 2014, 09:17:49 am »

Hi-not the most computer savvy person, do like JRiver, use it on my Windows 7 Ultimate PC, and have downloaded it to my iMac, though haven't played with it much (use PC most for music). I have a SlingBox set up, also Seagate for home network sharing, seems to work OK in the house, can stream from upstairs PC to Slingbox to downstairs stereo. I've tried setting up Gizmo, would like to stream to my HTC 1 (M8), but it doesn't seem to want to connect to the network. I've tried the generic setting in JRiver, also UPNP (both up as options), the code is entered correctly, no clue what the next step would be. Would appreciate help or link to help, thanks.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Gizmo help
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:53:55 pm »

Hi-not the most computer savvy person, do like JRiver, use it on my Windows 7 Ultimate PC, and have downloaded it to my iMac, though haven't played with it much (use PC most for music). I have a SlingBox set up, also Seagate for home network sharing, seems to work OK in the house, can stream from upstairs PC to Slingbox to downstairs stereo. I've tried setting up Gizmo, would like to stream to my HTC 1 (M8), but it doesn't seem to want to connect to the network. I've tried the generic setting in JRiver, also UPNP (both up as options), the code is entered correctly, no clue what the next step would be. Would appreciate help or link to help, thanks.
Silly question..... is the HTC connected to your wireless router? If so, try putting your JRiver server's ip address into Gizmo in place of the Access Key, using the following format:

serveripaddress:52199
Example: 192.168.1.100:52199

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=37.0
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.
Pages: [1]   Go Up