INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to delete (set to unrated) all song ratings in entire library?  (Read 1154 times)

keisele81

• Recent member

I am a new user to MC19, and recently completed the tedious task of ripping all my CDs onto my server and into MC19.  The song ratings are a mess -- from some CDs there are no ratings, from other CDs ratings of 2 stars for every song, or 4 stars for every song, etc....

What is the easiest way to make every song in my library unrated?  I'm hoping that there is a Library Command I have yet to find to do so, and that I will not have to do this manually artist by artist or album by album. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kent

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How to delete (set to unrated) all song ratings in entire library?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:27:28 pm »

I am a new user to MC19, and recently completed the tedious task of ripping all my CDs onto my server and into MC19.  The song ratings are a mess -- from some CDs there are no ratings, from other CDs ratings of 2 stars for every song, or 4 stars for every song, etc....

What is the easiest way to make every song in my library unrated?  I'm hoping that there is a Library Command I have yet to find to do so, and that I will not have to do this manually artist by artist or album by album. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kent

One way....in Standard View, select all (artists, albums, etc.) using contol-a, right click, tag. In the tag panel either right click/show all tags or right click/also show, and check ratings. I believe what you want is "? stars" for unrated.

Change the ratings for all. It may take a few minutes to tag all files if you have a large number, but it goes quickly, and progress will show at the bottom of the screen. If you have any failures it may be due to the file properties or permissions.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

keisele81

• Recent member
Re: How to delete (set to unrated) all song ratings in entire library?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 06:46:33 pm »

Worked perfectly.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up