INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Episode Thumbnails not scraping  (Read 2203 times)

steelman1991

• World Citizen
TV Episode Thumbnails not scraping
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:33:06 pm »

Unable for certain to say when JRiver first exhibited this on my system (I'm presently running build 19.0.146). The problem basically is that on TV Episode import, JRiver is not automatically downloading the episode thumbnail, though it does correctly download the episode synopsis. Instead of the episode thumbnail I get a generic 'season' poster.

To rectify the situation I have to manually 'Get Movie/TV Info' from the context menu and do a manual scrape. See screenshots below

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: TV Episode Thumbnails not scraping
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:35:50 pm »

Unable for certain to say when JRiver first exhibited this on my system (I'm presently running build 19.0.146). The problem basically is that on TV Episode import, JRiver is not automatically downloading the episode thumbnail, though it does correctly download the episode synopsis. Instead of the episode thumbnail I get a generic 'season' poster.

I'm puzzled by this.  Is it possible the generic season poster is the first match when we do a lookup?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:35:17 pm »

He He you got me Matt - I've no idea, but it's just done it again today on an import, this time TV Series 'Under the Dome'.

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:10:30 am »

Gentle bump- nobody else seeing this?

connersw

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 10:26:03 am »

Do you have the Season Cover Art saved in the same folder as the Video Files using naming convention folder.jpg?  If so, MC will look for that Cover Art first, and use it, before going online. 

Ref: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Finding_Cover_Art_on_Import

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:30:20 pm »

Do you have the Season Cover Art saved in the same folder as the Video Files using naming convention folder.jpg?  If so, MC will look for that Cover Art first, and use it, before going online. 

Ref: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Finding_Cover_Art_on_Import

You might be onto something here. I also have MediaBrowser on this PC and its set to download and save artwork with files. I do have a folder.jpg file in each folder - which I assume MediaBrowser is saving there, as I have JRiver set to save to a specified folder.

Thanks for the tip - will report back shortly.

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 04:35:08 pm »

Huge thanks connersw - this was driving me crazy and you nailed it. It was indeed picking up the folder.jpg in preference. Something else learned in the great JRiver learning curve.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 04:44:36 pm »

Huge thanks connersw - this was driving me crazy and you nailed it. It was indeed picking up the folder.jpg in preference. Something else learned in the great JRiver learning curve.

So does that mean it's working, or is there some unexpected image acquire?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

steelman1991

• World Citizen
SOLVED: TV Episode Thumbnails not scraping
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 04:56:59 pm »

According to wiki it looks like it was working as expected - I had a 'folder.jpg' saved with the media file and JRiver used
that in preference (as spotted by connersw). Removing the 'folder.jpg' from the media folder, allows the scraper to correctly download the episode thumbnail.

So no doesn't look like there are any rogue image acquisitions - mixing metadata from different front-ends seems to have caused the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up