INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo Setup  (Read 1504 times)

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Gizmo Setup
« on: July 10, 2014, 09:59:06 am »

What Have I Been Missing !!

This is a great app , I no longer have a 60 in TV on all the time just to navigate !!

Couple of questions for a newbie

I am setting up the views in the Media Network section of Options , in the Advance section

I am trying to replicate my Theatre View set up but failing

I want an Expressions [Date] [Album] so that as I select an Artist it shows the Albums in release date order with the release date prefix . I have set it up exactly the same as in Theatre view where it works but alas no joy in Gizmo.

Straight forward config works eg limiting what sections I see on that Tab . But the expression seems not to work. I have used preset Views by choosing Add From Library View. , eg I have one set up for Composers (Major) to limit to a list Bach , Beethoven etc This works fine

The next question is what triggers the transfer of these views , I have even rebooted the tab and hence reconnected Gizmo to force this but with no luck

Finally , the Thumbnail sizing is fine but I have to go to Very Large to be able to see enough text to have a meaningful name eg "Beethoven Symphonies - Karajan" that means only 2 Albums per row , it makes navigation a bit painful.

Is there any thoughts on adding a List View with a small Thumbnail and the rest of the width showing Text , that would be a great bonus to me at least. As would being able to adjust the font size

As it happens now to see a lot more Albums, I have to depend on the Picture to identify and not the text

Just a few thoughts

Mike

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Gizmo Setup
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 10:22:33 am »

I want an Expressions [Date] [Album] so that as I select an Artist it shows the Albums in release date order with the release date prefix . I have set it up exactly the same as in Theatre view where it works but alas no joy in Gizmo.

Straight forward config works eg limiting what sections I see on that Tab . But the expression seems not to work. I have used preset Views by choosing Add From Library View. , eg I have one set up for Composers (Major) to limit to a list Bach , Beethoven etc This works fine
this should do the trick (thanks again connersw)
skip to last 2 posts
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89497.msg614503#msg614503

The next question is what triggers the transfer of these views , I have even rebooted the tab and hence reconnected Gizmo to force this but with no luck
i've found, once making changes to views on server, that one must restart/complete force kill of server, before those changes take effect on devices (gizmo)

MikeO

Re: Gizmo Setup
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 01:17:29 am »

Spot On , I was not restarting MC after changes. It appeared to be changing erratically presumably because some times I restarted MC and sometimes not !!

I think I'll raise the List Idea as a feature request

Thanks Again

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up