INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo Feature Request  (Read 1859 times)

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Gizmo Feature Request
« on: July 11, 2014, 01:29:58 am »

Hi
VERY new to Gizmo , but I have a couple of comments / suggestions.

Navigation by Thumbnail is OK but in a very large library is a bit tedious. I have found the Positioner on the RHS of the screen which helps.

How about a List View, like I see in Theatre View when I "Toggle List Style" . ie a small thumbnail and the rest of the line as text. That way we see more text. A Large Thumbnail only allows a very small visible text length (maybe15-20 char) , which is OK for Rock , But a bit short for classical eg "Beethoven: Symphonies - Karajan"
just doesn't fit

This style of naming is quite common in my classical collection where I have several Beethoven Symphony Sets, etc.

To aid navigation even more , how about a set of Alphabet Buttons so you can tap G and get quickly to the start of G's

I use the JRiver (HP) Media Centre remote control in Theatre View and this has a key pad that allows that function, which makes getting around quite quick.

I suppose the next bit is font size , any chance of selecting a font size , I am using a 7 in Tablet for this and the font is quite large. I am not sure how Android handles this

Just a thought.

My primary thought is what a wonderful app . I now can navigate my library without having a glaring 60 in TV on .

Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 01:49:22 am »

Thanks for the feedback.   Have you tried search?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:16:52 am »

How about a List View, like I see in Theatre View when I "Toggle List Style" . ie a small thumbnail and the rest of the line as text. That way we see more text. A Large Thumbnail only allows a very small visible text length (maybe15-20 char) , which is OK for Rock , But a bit short for classical eg "Beethoven: Symphonies - Karajan" just doesn't fit
In Gizmo, click the 3 horizontal bars to the left of the playback buttons for the list view for Playing Now. For browsing, you can change the thumbnail size in Gizmo's Options but I'm not sure if it helps where you want it to. Tap the 3 dots at the top right of Gizmo to get to the Options menu.

To aid navigation even more , how about a set of Alphabet Buttons so you can tap G and get quickly to the start of G's
In JRiver and Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize Views for Gizmo and Webgizmo, click an Item such as Music. Then choose the top category and click Edit. Check the box that says "Grouping (i.e. A-C, D-F, etc.). Now when you use the Music View in Gizmo, the category you changed will be grouped and allow for faster navigation. I typically navigate by Artist so now my Artists are grouped by A-C, D-F, etc. and I can just click the alphabet button to drill down.

MikeO

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 08:18:57 am »

Perfect !!

I played around with the Thumbnail size , mine is a 7 in tablet . It depends a lot on the album titles how big is comfy. My rock albums I have an Expression = [Date] [Album] so that they sort in Release Date order , which adds to the width. Hence the thought of a very small Thumbnail and the rest of the width text.

Equally the classical stuff can be eg. Beethoven Symphony No 7 & 8 - Karajan, quite a lot of text.

I settled on Large which gives me 3 to a row and a reasonable amount of text. I spent a lot of time getting cover art sorted initially so a good cover plus a reasonable amount of text is fine.

The grouping works great

I had to add in an extra level of Artists to get a display of all artists , without it I was getting a List of all tacks for artists starting with A

Artist (Grouped)
   Artist
   Album

Looks a bit strange but works.

So now I see a Set of Thumbnails for A,B etc, then a set of Thumbnails for each Artist and then a set of thumbnails for each album

Exactly as I want it

I'll start with individual letters , but I may take up your idea of A-C etc

Thanks again for the help

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up