INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with MC 19.0.144 on new Macbook [Solved -- Bad machine]  (Read 4654 times)

sebassie

• Recent member

Since a few days I’m running MC 19.0.144 on a new Macbook Pro (16Gb mem, 512Gb flash, 2.3Ghz I7). Music files are stored on a Synology DS1512, Dac used is Chord Qute EX with latest driver installed.

When playing music two annoying things happen occasionally at random: either the music goes in a sort of fast forward mode playing a few bars fast at the same pitch or the music sounds like ‘under water’ for a few bars. In both cases this goes on for about 30 seconds after which the playing continues in a normal way. Activity monitor does not show anything weird. HD permissions are okay.

Before switching to the new Macbook Pro I used a Mac mini (16Gb mem, 1Tb HD, 2.3Ghz i7). On both computers the settings for MC are the same. I restored the library on the Macbook pro from a backup on the Mac mini. On the Mac mini the problems mentioned never occurred.

I tried to change the audio settings in MC (output format, bit streaming, pre buffering, playing from memory) to no effect.

When running other music software on the Macbook Pro I encounter no problems.

Any suggestions to get rid of these annoying phenomena?

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problems with MC 19.0.144 on a new Macbook Pro
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 03:31:38 pm »

Very strange, I've never experienced this.  Perhaps another couple things to try would be enabling/disabling both integer mode and exclusive access mode.  Do your sample rates in the Audio MIDI setup change at all while this is happening?  When is it most likely to happen?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:46:08 am »

Very strange, I've never experienced this.  Perhaps another couple things to try would be enabling/disabling both integer mode and exclusive access mode.  Do your sample rates in the Audio MIDI setup change at all while this is happening?  When is it most likely to happen?

Thanks Adam.

I will try that out. It will take some time. I never checked the sample rates in the Audio MIDI setup. I assume the sample rate won't change as the leds in the Chord don't change. As I said the weird phenomenon happens at random, therefore it takes some time to figure out what may be the cause.

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 08:45:53 am »

Enabling and/or disabling integer mode and exclusive access mode did not help. I even reinstalled Mavericks through recovery and did an extended memory test. The sample rate in the Audio MIDI setup did not change. I have attached a log run while having problems. Maybe that can help to find out what is going wrong. I left out the previous log as the file was too big for posting.

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 07:39:40 am »

Problem persists also after installing 19.0.154. Any response from JRiver to tackle this problem would be appreciated.

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 02:38:47 pm »

I don't know how to solve this problem. Maybe you have a suggestion how to solve this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 02:58:35 pm »

It's always worth trying the latest build.  It's currently 19.0.163:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91160.0

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 03:02:36 pm »

Thanks I will give it a try. I ordered mc20. One never knows  :)

sebassie

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 06:29:21 am »

JRiver is not to blame  :)
My new Macbook Pro Retina died yesterday. SSD and Memory defective. Get a replacement soon!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Problems with MC 19.0.144 on new Macbook [Solved -- Bad machine]
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 06:46:33 am »

Thanks for posting the cause.
Pages: [1]   Go Up