INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hope for the future... Better Streaming Ability  (Read 2137 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Hope for the future... Better Streaming Ability
« on: July 23, 2014, 03:35:03 pm »

HI there,

I love MC19.  I use it on my primary computer and use it to stream video and music throughout my home.  I use the IPAD App which is amazing to control the media.  I have a WDTV on every TV in my home and I use it to listen to music around the pool.

My goal is to have a single piece of software to control all the media in my home.  MC19 has the quality (in terms of audio and video) but not the capability to do this.  In terms of my video library, everything works great!  I can stream throughout my home and even access my library via the Internet.

Audio streaming is now where I have an issue.  I have no issue streaming music from my personal library.  Rather I have the following issues that would love to be able to resolve. 

Here are some of my issues.

1 - Radio stations.  MC19 is not intuitive to add radio stations to it.  One must find the call sign and then go through several steps in order to get it set up.  Many stations that i now want to listen can no longer be streamed through MC19.  They are, however, available via Tune-In.  I would love to see some form of integration or APP that would work via MC19.

2 - Songza - I have recently been exposed to this amazing service and would love to be able to stream it around my home.  I have not found a way to do this. and would love to be able to use MC19 to handle this.

3 - You Tube - my kids and their friends now use you tube to listen to music.  They use the IPAD to search but then want to listen to the music on the stereo system.  Can this be accomplished with MC?

As streaming becomes more in vogue I think that allowing MC to handle some of these issues would improve the user base of the software. 

Thoughts?

Dave

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Hope for the future... Better Streaming Ability
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 03:52:28 pm »

You can play YouTube with the native player.  Look at Theater View > YouTube for an example.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 03:55:22 pm »

you can use the native player to get you tibe on the actual computer.  I am talking about streaming it to a different device using MC19 as the interface (via dlna)

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 04:44:55 pm »

Matt
Can you explain in simple terms how I can play jackontheweb radio inside JRiver.
If I add it to Audio -> connected media
it shows up and opens inside JRiver, but does not play.
here is the URL for www.Jackontheweb.com
http://player.radio.com/listen/station/1003-jack-fm

Your help is appreciated.  Lots of people trying to play their favorite radio station via JRiver.
Lots of post, but no definitive answer.
Thank you

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 11:44:22 am »

I thought I would bump this up in hopes of getting a reply on playing radio stations inside jriver 19
see my above post regarding Jackontheweb as an example

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 08:24:10 am »

The new driver just released will give you what you want and more ... all audio from streaming content will be shunted through JRiver.
but you need to get version 20  ;)

For info, Connected media can't support Flash or other browser extensions, including pop-ups. Streaming sites such as Spotify and HTML5 sites such as Grooveshark will work, no problem.

If you are sticking with version 19, the audio will pass by windows, but you can control it through connected media IF media extenstions or pop-up players aren't needed. For your Jack on the web you need to use the direct link and not pass by sites like radio.com here is the link http://player.jackfm.com/ man they have a lot of commercials

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 01:01:21 pm »

I agree on the amount of commercials is there a better site replaced the same kind of music nonstop I would like to see that if you have address for that
Pages: [1]   Go Up