INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mce remote hotkeys for live tv  (Read 1517 times)

Hisma

mce remote hotkeys for live tv
« on: July 29, 2014, 11:38:16 am »

So I am seriously considering buying this product, due to the excellent dev support and the high quality video rendering you get with mad vr.

My question though, and I haven't looked too much into this, is my MCE remote does not seem to work so well with live TV.

When I press "stop" on my remote, I would think it would stop live TV.  But it does nothing.

I want it so that when I press the "guide" button on my remote, it brings up the guide.  The same way it brings up the guide on wmc.  I want to be able to access recordings by pressing the "recordings" button.  When I press the "info" button, I want it to show the program info.

Can all of this be customized?  Can someone show me how?  Again, I only briefly looked, but it seems the key bindings you can edit are very limited.  I didn't see any options for a hotkey to bring up the guide, recordings, etc. 

If I can set up the Live TV to where I can operate exclusively with the MCE remote, I will buy the product.  But until then, it's too cumbersome to do basic things, when I can't even STOP live TV by pressing "stop" on my remote.

I am using a standard mce remote, not the jriver specific one. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: mce remote hotkeys for live tv
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 12:50:21 pm »

Welcome to the Interact and thanks for considering buying.

When I press "stop" on my remote, I would think it would stop live TV.  But it does nothing.
It should work.  I am not sure why it does not work for you.

I want it so that when I press the "guide" button on my remote, it brings up the guide.  The same way it brings up the guide on wmc.  I want to be able to access recordings by pressing the "recordings" button.  When I press the "info" button, I want it to show the program info.

Can all of this be customized?  Can someone show me how?  Again, I only briefly looked, but it seems the key bindings you can edit are very limited.  I didn't see any options for a hotkey to bring up the guide, recordings, etc.  

If I can set up the Live TV to where I can operate exclusively with the MCE remote, I will buy the product.  But until then, it's too cumbersome to do basic things, when I can't even STOP live TV by pressing "stop" on my remote.

Most of what you ask here should work.  For example when you press Guide button, you should be brought to Guide view in Theater View, though it may not be the Guide grid, but in other part of the Guide, such as Search, or Time, etc. depending on where you last left it at.

I am using a standard mce remote, not the jriver specific one.  

I wonder what difference there is.  :(  I am using a remote control that came with an HP computer.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Hisma

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:17:25 pm »

Thanks for the quick response.  Actually, I think it may have something to do with an xbmc app called MCERemote that messes with the default MCERemote settings.  I say this because wmc also isn't working properly anymore, but it definitely did before.

So I will see if I can get it all working in wmc first, and then check back on JRiver.  That is encouraging to know that the wmc remote keys should work just as well in JRiver.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:15:26 am »

I have all of that working, but I use Event Ghost to process my remote commands, because I use WMC for netflix only (Using QuickWMC so when I back out of Netflix, it goes back to JRiver instead of the home screen of WMC), so I can't disable WMC.  It works well.  It was quite a bit of work to get it set up, but well worth it in the end.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 09:16:40 am »

Oh...I just noticed...I don't have the Info button working, because I could never figure out either a MCC command or keyboard shortcut to bring up the Info display.
Pages: [1]   Go Up