INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable Playing Now Auto-expand  (Read 3751 times)

eba

• Galactic Citizen
Disable Playing Now Auto-expand
« on: August 09, 2014, 05:47:01 pm »

Is there a way to stop Playing Now from auto-expanding in the tree?

I have one library, and don't use Zones at all, nor have any reason to, so I never have any need to see anything in the expansion.  But every time I click on it, it expands, which drives me nuts! (yes I know it's a small thing but still)

This and Play Doctor are the two reasons I've stuck with MC15 until now, but would quite like to start using a new version for Red October even if for nothing else.  Play Doctor isn't quite as ugly as he used to be, so I'm thinking I might be able to put up with him now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Disable Playing Now Auto-expand
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:53:58 pm »

Try right clicking to hide any zones you don't want to see.

Play Doctor is great.  I use it a lot for playing music.  I've discovered a lot of music I had forgotten or didn't know I had.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 06:16:13 pm »

Try right clicking to hide any zones you don't want to see.
Thanks, but all I've got in there is 'Player' and 'Playing from Main Library'.  I don't seem to be able to hide these.

Play Doctor is great.  I use it a lot for playing music.  I've discovered a lot of music I had forgotten or didn't know I had.
Great if you want to use it.  A bit of an eyesore if you don't! (but less than it used to be fortunately)

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:34:12 pm »

Try turning off Media Network.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 06:38:50 pm »

Ctrl-G collapses the tree.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 07:09:37 pm »

Try turning off Media Network.

No effect unfortunately.

What's particularly annoying about it is that I don't even have to click on Playing Now in the tree for it to expand - I have a locked 'View 2' that is always set to Playing Now, and as soon as I click in there it expands it in the tree.

None of the other things (e.g. Audio or even Playlists or Drives and Devices where it would kind of make sense) auto expand so I don't understand why Playing Now does.

To be fair it is clearly just me who's particularly frustrated by this given that it's been there through four versions now and I don't know of it ever having been brought up before (not that I come here often anymore of course) but then I have been a lifelong hater of the tree in this and pretty much any other program anyway, and would gladly get rid of it altogether if I could!

Thanks though.

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 11:14:14 am »

You can manually hider the tree box by clicking on its right border. You can add the most often used tree elements under Navigation on the main menu like this ...

would this work for you?

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 04:24:29 pm »

It used to be (at least up until MC15) that when you minimized the tree you got a breadcrumbs thing at the top which allowed you to choose between audio types - but unfortunately not to get to Playlists, plugins etc.  If it had done that would have been perfect for me...

Thanks, I'd not tried the Navigation menu...it's useful...but still doesn't let me get to any of my playlists - unless I set them up as favourites individually.  So looks like I'm stuck with the tree and its auto-expanding Playing Now for the moment!

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 04:35:14 pm »

I also find this annoying.  Does anyone have a solution such that Playing Now does not auto-expand?
Pages: [1]   Go Up