INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: crossfades  (Read 4148 times)

cbalps

crossfades
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:15:27 pm »

New to the forum.  Enjoying my trial time with MC for Mac - about to take the plunge and buy at the reduced price, but one of the most important features I want in a player seems to have stopped functioning.  I like the crossfade options and have used them all through several trials - settings have always been two seconds, aggressive, and not to play silence.  I'm running 19.0.154, and now the crossfades are not working properly.  Rarely do I get the type of track change I have programmed and have always received.  Usually the crossfade begins and the ending track cuts off with audio still present.   The finishing track does not get to finish, and it's not as if the previous track's audio has faded so far under that MC senses it's time to make a switch and does so, rather, the song may still be at 75% level and will cut off abruptly.  The crossfade functionality is one of many things that sets MC apart, but without it working properly I can't see buying.  Got one more day to figure out why the crossfading has gone south.  Any suggestions?

cbalps

Re: crossfades
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 05:22:35 pm »

Nobody?   JRiver folks....I'll buy the player at the special rate, gladly....if someone can figure out how to fix the cross fade functionality.  I'm a customer in waiting. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:56:30 pm »

Does a previous version still work?

cbalps

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 07:04:28 pm »

Thanks, Jim.  Was about to try a last-ditch test, downloading two or three older versions of MC19 - but now my trial is up and will not accept extensions.  So - no way to revert for testing to old versions (which indeed worked properly during their trials) - and no answer as to why recent versions (at least 19.0.154) have stopped crossfading properly, and lastly, no confidence that after spending the $40 I'll have the proper functionality.  Suggestion?  Sure would like to buy before the price goes up.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:49:08 am »

I'm getting some odd behavior when using cross fade in the latest version.  I'll look into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

cbalps

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 10:05:37 am »

adamt - any luck tracking down a problem?
Pages: [1]   Go Up