INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed To Render Video Stream  (Read 3331 times)

elviscaprice

• Recent member
Failed To Render Video Stream
« on: August 16, 2014, 05:23:19 pm »

I have a Hauppauge Win TV HVR-1250 PCIe card in my Windows 7 desktop PC. Have successfully used this card for viewing digital over the air channels in USA w/ JRiver.  Now I am here in Costa Rica trying to get the analog cable (yes, they don't have digital here) to work with JRiver's latest update.  I am able to do a search for channels and JRiver correctly identifies these stations.  But when I go to click on a station for viewing I get the following message.

Something went wrong with playback

Details:
     Failed to render video stream.  Possible cause:
     The video capture card is in use by another application.
      etc,  

I am not running any other application with this Hauppauge card.  All I installed was a device driver.  Nothing for Windows Media.

Thanks for any advice on fixing this issue.

Elvis

elviscaprice

• Recent member
Re: Failed To Render Video Stream
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 05:49:25 pm »

Well I see I never got any answers here. 
I did manage to get Windows Media Center to work with this analog video card for analog cable tv.  Works good so I haven't pursued trying to get JRiver 20 latest update to work.  Just tried, same issue as above.
I do notice it takes a bit of working to get WMC to bring in the picture and sound.  Usually I have to switch channels a bit for it to come in.  But once reception is locked in it works like a charm.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 07:02:54 pm »

It's a forum. You aren't always going to get answers, let alone timely answers.

I can't help much with the underlying problem, although I will state that as it is an Analogue signal, and WMC is also having trouble, then it is quite possible that the signal strength isn't very good.

However, if you get the "The video capture card is in use by another application" message in MC you should go to;
Options > Television > Advanced > Show status
to see if MC thinks the tuner is in fact in use, or idle.

It could be just that the signal is so low that MC can't find it, so it isn't available and therefore MC assumes it is "in use by another application".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:02:32 am »

Sorry for not giving you a rely earlier.  I must have somehow missed your post, or have forgotten about it.

Does your device have hardware encoding?  Your log shows that your device name is "Hauppauge WinTV 885 Video Capture" which is also the device name for "Hauppauge HVR-1800".  When MC tried to use the device, it could not find the connection pins for hardware encoding device.

Please run MC and go to Tools > Options > Television > Advanced and click "Copy television related filter info to clipboard", and post the result here.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

elviscaprice

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 03:48:51 am »

Okay, I've attached a notepad file with the results.  I would assume that the card is rendering the video from analog to digital.  The driver is the latest one recommended by Hauppauge for this card.
   Thanks
             Mark

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 07:24:29 pm »

Thanks for the log.  It seems that your device is not one of those with hardware encoding despite having the same device name as some other hardware encoded devices.  I will try working out a solution tomorrow.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 04:06:12 pm »

Please download the following zip file, unzip it, and copy the DLL into MC installation folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33u9zfi1pe5mgez/JRTelevision.zip?dl=0

Let me know whether it makes any difference.

elviscaprice

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 08:51:43 pm »

Please download the following zip file, unzip it, and copy the DLL into MC installation folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33u9zfi1pe5mgez/JRTelevision.zip?dl=0

Let me know whether it makes any difference.

Awesome, works like a charm now.  Thanks so much!
   Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up