INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M-Audio Fast Track Pro - Distorion after playing for awhile  (Read 1590 times)

Gongman

M-Audio Fast Track Pro - Distorion after playing for awhile
« on: August 21, 2014, 03:38:23 pm »

Hi All.
I am using a M-Audio Fastrack Pro with a paid version of Media Center. The version I am using is 19.0.146. I use the MC to play my HD audio tracks purchased from HD tracks. Basically, what happens all starts off well than over time the sound becomes garbled. The only way to recover is to re-start MC. I have no plug ins, just the MC.  I’ve tried both ASIO and WASAPI setting and have the same problem. Does anyone out there have any insight to this issue?

My PC is an Alienware, i7 930@2.8Gz, 12.0GB Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Cheers,
Bob

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: M-Audio Fast Track Pro - Distorion after playing for awhile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:22:18 pm »

This is a mystery.  You could update MC to the latest, just on a whim.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:09:45 am »

Do you have the same issue with any other ASIO or WASAPI capable media player? 

I ask because I had an M-Audio internal card  (the 192) that exhibited exactly the behavior you describe, but it was a driver problem and it happened with any player that used an exclusive access mode.  Sound would become increasingly garbled over time  until I restarted the session (usually by either restarting the player or windows).  There were a large number of threads on the old M-audio forums complaining about this exact issue with M-audio interfaces, but they were bought out a few years ago, and I can't seem to find the old forums. 

They never issued a driver update, and I never found a fix, so here's hoping the external interfaces don't have the same issues!

Gongman

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 01:27:02 pm »

Yes both ASIO and WASAPI. I has same issue over several versions of MC. I do have a Tascam US-122, but it is unbalanced. I am driving a pair of Meyer Sound HD-1 that are balanced in. I will give it a try any way.  Thanks for the tip.

Do you have the same issue with any other ASIO or WASAPI capable media player? 

I ask because I had an M-Audio internal card  (the 192) that exhibited exactly the behavior you describe, but it was a driver problem and it happened with any player that used an exclusive access mode.  Sound would become increasingly garbled over time  until I restarted the session (usually by either restarting the player or windows).  There were a large number of threads on the old M-audio forums complaining about this exact issue with M-audio interfaces, but they were bought out a few years ago, and I can't seem to find the old forums. 

They never issued a driver update, and I never found a fix, so here's hoping the external interfaces don't have the same issues!

Gongman

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 04:57:00 pm »

Hi all,
Finally no luck getting the Fast Track Pro to play nice with MC19. I finally went with S/PDIF direct (coaxial) from the motherboard to the AES input of a Meyer Sound Galileo Processor via a Neutrik NADITBNC-M BNC-f to XLR-m Impedance Transformer . This works with the direct out, but WASPI is distored.

Cheers,
B
Pages: [1]   Go Up