INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote~ "......loading......" and shows no media  (Read 2019 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
JRemote~ "......loading......" and shows no media
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:39:03 pm »

I'm wondering if any JRemote(3.06)+MC19(Win8, bld163)) users may have experienced the following problem that has simply appeared for me (i.e., no new version of JRemote, same MC19 server configuration, ...) ... to ask if they found a remedy ...

Problem:  JRemote (mode: streaming to 'this device') shows only "loading" when trying to access the media files themselves.  That is, it connected immediately, shows correct MC database and disk information, including the list of albums ... however, when you click on an album JRemote will show only "loading", when in the past the tracks would show immediately.  One problem is JRemote will occasionally, but infrequently, work correctly and this throws a wrench into trying to troubleshoot or understand this problem.  It may work for an instant, but as soon as I want to choose a different album it again shows "loading".

JRemote has in the past worked reliably for streaming audio to my iPhone.  The one thing that has changed, and that correlates exactly with when this problem began, is Windows 8's most recent update.  That is, as of Aug 19, when I last wanted to reboot my HTPC, and Win8 insisted on updating with a significant update that took 5 minutes to shutdown and then another 5 minutes to restart, for which I had to reboot yet again to get audio to work correctly, is when this problem began.  Granted, I have no factual evidence and the 2 incidents may purely coincidental.

I read again Lespaul's "Preparing JRiver Media Center for remote control" topic, and I've checked my router's port forwarding for any changes.  If anyone has further suggestions for troubleshooting or specifically providing additional information, please advise ...

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

shAf

Re: JRemote~ "......loading......" and shows no media
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 06:42:43 am »

I have another clue, which leads me to believe the first thing I need to figure out if I should be posting this here or on the "MC19 for Windows" forum(?)

It seems all audio tracks and video that has been imported recently is available for JRemote to find and play.  Does anyone have a good idea how I can find the earliest imported media that JRemote can see, and maybe I can roll back the installation of MC19? (i.e., I have a lot of media!)

I'll give this topic here a couple of days and then move it to the MC19 forum ...

TIA!  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 07:03:41 am »

Make sure only one Media Server is running.  Check the settings for Startup in MC options.

A firewall might also block access.

shAf

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 07:17:04 am »

Make sure only one Media Server is running.  Check the settings for Startup in MC options.

Check ... Check ... I monitored the servers responses to the remote's requests.  Is there anything diagnostic that I can read into these server responses?

A firewall might also block access.

... but wouldn't explain JRemote only finding recently imported media(?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up