INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 17 No Sound  (Read 2429 times)

• Recent member
MC 17 No Sound
« on: August 22, 2014, 08:54:53 pm »

Hi all.  Just wanted to report on something that just scared the heck out of me.  I went to resume playing music on MC 17 after a few hours and there was no sound!  I restarted MC, then the computer, then checked all my settings in audio properties, then in Output Mode settings.  Everything looked fine but no sound.  I changed USB ports, I checked the receiver fuse, I changed cables, I put an IPOD in the receiver input.  I was gradually freaking out!!! ? ? >:( >:( :o :o

I have a Music Streamer II.  When I was asking MC to play, MSII lit up it's LED lights showing it was getting the signal, but still wouldn't play. 
I thought I blew up my receiver, or DAC!!!

I went into the computers audio settings and did a sound test and finally got some response, then I knew it was in MC 17.  So, I took a shot in the dark and changed settings from Wasapi Event to just Wasapi just to change something???  That worked, and I finally got MC to start playing after 30 minutes of escalating panic. 

I changed back to Wasapi Event and it's still playing, we'll see if it does it again.

What the heck happened?

• Recent member
Re: MC 17 No Sound
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:29:17 pm »

An update..   After switching back to Wasapi Event and leaving MC sit idle for a few hours it did it again, no sound.  Letting it sit again for a few more hours with just Wasapi is fine.

Maybe this has something to do with how Event doesn't push to the DAC, tho the DAC is acknowledging transmission on the LED display? 

Lenovo laptop; AMD A6 2.10 GHz, 4GB Ram, Windows 8.1, 400Gb hard drive with 350 free. 

Pretty clean and fast machine.

Well, no biggie.  Wasapi is fine with me, but it really had me stressing. ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up