INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO Stutters if not used with Bitstreaming  (Read 1379 times)

pyrocyborg

• Recent member
ASIO Stutters if not used with Bitstreaming
« on: August 22, 2014, 09:39:49 pm »

Hi!

My HTPC is a fairly recent AM2+ AMD motherboard/A6-5600k CPU on Windows 8.1 and works flawlessly with WASAPI.

Yesterday, I tried to use ASIO (with my ASUS Xonar DG), again. Most of the time, I'm using WASAPI because everytime I use ASIO, I'm having some issues with audio files, even if I do find that ASIO sounds better (at least subjectively):

- Stutters/hiccups when doing something else on the computer. Could even stutters when doing absolutely nothing else than playing my FLAC files.
- Sometimes, it simply crash: music stops, there is a constant stuttering sound and I must press stop and press play again.
- System sound taking over JRiver sound.

I used LatencyMon, and it seems, according to this application, that my computer was unable to play without hiccup and it recommanded me to update my bios, chipset drivers and sound card drivers (were already up to date... using Uni Xonar drivers).

Still, all of this didn't work... so I tried something else, which was activating bitstreaming (S/PDIF). Right now, it's working quite well, for music that is. I cannot play most Bluray movies now because my amplifier and DAC cannot decode either Dolby or DTS.

Is there any other workaround? Otherwise, I'll have to use JRiver for music or for movies, not both.

Thanks!

EDIT: Had my first stutter a minute ago, even while using Bitstreaming. I do not understand why Bitstreaming would reduce the occurence rate of stutters, but it seems to affect it somehow.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ASIO Stutters if not used with Bitstreaming
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 10:13:30 pm »

Why not just use WASAPI since it works?

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: ASIO Stutters if not used with Bitstreaming
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 01:11:13 am »

Hi, Have a look at this post, it may help you   http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88557.0
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up