INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gizmo search behaviour improvement suggestion  (Read 1064 times)

bungalow bill

• Recent member
gizmo search behaviour improvement suggestion
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:54:33 am »

Hi,
I've re-posted this from another section to bring all the gizmo requests together as requested.
Is it possible to make Gizmo 'drill down' during a search, for example, start by selecting 'artist' which would display all albums or tracks by that artist, allowing either selection of a specific track, or selection of 'album' which would display tracks on that specific album, allowing subsequent selection of a specific track?
This would be useful, as sometimes I know which artist I'd like to listen to, but then would like to display the tracks before final selection.
Any advice/ideas appreciated
thanks

GIZMO Search behaviour improvement suggestion
« on: April 12, 2014, 07:02:15 pm »

The search behavior in GIZMO is somewhat limited because the returned results can only be played, not browsed. For instance, if I search for ABBA the results returned will be the "artist" Abba and along with various Abba album titles but not Abba tracks unless the title of the track is included in the search term.

Selecting any of the items in the search results will display the "What would you like to do?" dialogue box, which essentially consists of different play options. What would be helpful is an additional option to browse the search results and to be able to drill down to track level in the same way the regular browse function works. That is, say, selecting one of the Album titles and then having the option to select a track from that album, rather than only being able to select and play the whole album.

That would make Search really helpful, especially in very large libraries, and where you may not be sure what track it is you want to play until you see the title. Of course the same thing could be achieved by not using Search and simply browsing by Artist name to the track list, but when you have over 6,000 Artists to page through such a search option described would make the process a whole lot easier and faster.
Report to moderator     Logged
bungalow bill

Re: GIZMO Search behaviour improvement suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 12:40:41 pm »

Hi,
I've also been looking for this search function- can anybody tell me if it is possible to search in this way, or is there any plan to develop the function to facilitate this?
thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up