INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo - Use Expression For Display?  (Read 1767 times)

Justavian

• Recent member
Gizmo - Use Expression For Display?
« on: September 06, 2014, 12:02:26 pm »

While i've had no trouble using the grouping functions with Gizmo (via MC19), i'm still unable to change the actual display names for the video files themselves.  Can someone show me how to use an expression for a video file name without also grouping the files?

DETAIL: I'm trying to change the display name of videos in Gizmo.  I know that i can go into the "Customize views for Gizmo", select my Video->Movies - Recent, and edit the categories on the right.  I've had plenty of success editing said categories with Expressions.  But if i try to create an Expression in which i skip the Grouping line and go straight to the Display line, it ignores it and still just displays the regular movie name.

For example, let's say i want my movie title to also indicate whether the movie had been watched or not.  Since i'm not sure how to do checkmarks at the moment, i'll just use O to indicate not watched, and X to indicate watched.  My expression is:

if(isequal([Last Played, 1], never played, 1), O, *) [Name]

If i put that into *both* the Grouping and Display boxes, i get a situation where every movie is grouped by its watched status and name.  This means that you have to first click on that group, and then it shows you the single item in the group - the movie you just clicked on.  In other words, it makes selecting a movie from the list a two step process.

Am i missing something, or is the display name of the movie just hard coded to show only the name itself?

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 12:04:52 pm »

You cannot skip the Expression to group by.  Just use what ever Field you were originally using as your Category in that box.  In your example, I believe it would just be [Name] in Expression to group by, and then your Expression in Expression to display.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo - Use Expression For Display?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 12:14:18 pm »

Unfortunately, you cannot modify the display name for Gizmo, unless you're willing to add a new category level, which sits between your other categories and the actual file. It adds another click, which is why I never liked it.

I would love to be able to offer this option properly though, but i'm not sure yet how to.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

demoleon

• Recent member
Re: Gizmo - Use Expression For Display?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:32:36 am »

Unfortunately, you cannot modify the display name for Gizmo, unless you're willing to add a new category level, which sits between your other categories and the actual file. It adds another click, which is why I never liked it.

I would love to be able to offer this option properly though, but i'm not sure yet how to.

Can the Gizmo API access the "Title Expression" field in the "Add or configure DLNA servers..." section of the Media Network Options?  Or it seems like it would be easy to add a similar field in the Gizmo options section for Gizmo (and JRemote) to use.  That is why I continue to use BubbleUPnP rather than Gizmo as I can have different track titles based on Genre, etc. 

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up