INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo won't connect  (Read 1924 times)

brianengland

Gizmo won't connect
« on: September 06, 2014, 09:36:43 pm »

Sorry if this is redundant but I've looked around and haven't found an answer yet. I can't get Gizmo on my Android tablet to hook up to the laptop I just installed MC17 on. It says "There was a problem connecting to the server".

It will connect to the desktop I've been using (also MC17). I am also able to connect the desktop to the laptop and access the laptop's library.

When I try to connect the desktop to the laptop using WebGizmo it says "library server not found for access key...".

I've reinstalled Gizmo on the tablet and rebooted everything.

I've compared the Network settings on the desktop and the laptop both in MC17 and also through Control Panel/Network and Sharing.

I must be missing something.

Any thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo won't connect
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 10:03:37 pm »

The wiki has a page on Gizmo.  There are instructions there.  Make sure you've generated an Access Key on the new server (laptop).  Then enter it in Gizmo.

Firewalls can prevent access.  The wiki has a topic on "Network Access".

brianengland

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 12:05:53 pm »

Thanks. I did more research. I'm suspicious the problem has to do with my wireless router settings. The tablet will connect to my desktop which is hardwired to my router, but won't connect to the laptop which is wireless. Paul Sinnema's MC Remote article talks about a network access list, mac addresses, and port blocking but it is over my head. I've accessed my router through my desktop but I don't really have any idea what to change.

Any thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 12:14:05 pm »

Did you try powering all network devices and computers down and back up?

The Network Access topic on the wiki is the best place to learn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up