INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teamviewer choppy/jerky in theatre mode.  (Read 2120 times)

robgil

• World Citizen
Teamviewer choppy/jerky in theatre mode.
« on: September 07, 2014, 09:58:44 pm »

On the target PC (win 8.1) it all runs smoothly but on the PC (win vista) I use to remotly control the target PC when in theatre view its very jerky, is there a way to make it smoother?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Teamviewer choppy/jerky in theatre mode.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:13:44 am »

It is much easier to control JRiver on the target PC by just using JRiver on the remote PC. See Library Server in the wiki and ask if you need more help.

robgil

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 09:33:44 am »

Thanks fella, I just thought a one for all approach might be easier as my target PC is basically a media based computer connected to my TV and HIFI, my laptop being the everyday computer, Teamviewer seemed ideal as a do everything remote.
I already use Gizmo for JRiver on a tablet so I might just use that instead.
But I will have a play with the server idea you suggest and see how it goes, I love Gizmo and think its great but having my 8.1 desktop as well as theatre view on the laptop is loads better. I don't want to stream files, the target PC is still going to be the PC that actually plays the media.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 06:03:06 am »

for image changing, importing etc. if you want to do these things remotely, you are going to need to still use teamviewer or something similar. What I do is set the options in teamviewer to optimize for speed, and not show wallpaper of remote pc; that seems to make it a lot less choppy.

But for everything else, Mojave is spot on and if you are already networked through windows, its very easy to set up. All you tagging is a breeze from a client; just remember to manually sync every so often.
Pages: [1]   Go Up