INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't download JRemote to iPad (version 1) with ios 5.1.1  (Read 2688 times)

Richard Vento

Can't download JRemote to iPad (version 1) with ios 5.1.1
« on: September 11, 2014, 01:02:46 pm »

I just trial purchased MC 20 and tried to download JRemote to ipad (first model).  JRemote wouldn't load.  Message was that the ios version 5.1.1 was too old and I needed to upgrade.  iPad says its version 5.1.1 is up to date.  apple charged even though it won't download.  Since PS Audio abandoned eLyric for Apple I'm trying to replace eLyric so I can still use iPad for music controller.  I've been told JRiver is THE best product but without the remote MC20 is not of much value to me.  Help please
Richard Vento

emoon3

• Recent member
Re: cant download JRemote to iPad (version 1) with ios 5.1.1
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 03:07:13 pm »

I'm pretty sure you have to use an older version of JRemote with the iPad 1. I have one at home and it has JRemote on it, but it is NOT the current version and I can't upgrade to the latest.

I don't think there's a way to download the old version of the app so you may be stuck.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 03:20:27 pm »

I don't think there's a way to download the old version of the app so you may be stuck.
I thought that was something that Apple had remedied with iOS 7.

Richard Vento

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 10:26:29 am »

If it did it 7.0 apparently doesn't apply to the iPad I have.  I cannot talk to or communicate with JRemote as their only contact access seems to be an email address that is not valid.  Maybe someone can help me--I'd sure appreciate it or I will have to either buy an new version of iPad or dump Jrive MC and eat the cost of JRemote app even though it didn't work.
Richard Vento

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 11:54:01 am »

I cannot talk to or communicate with JRemote as their only contact access seems to be an email address that is not valid.
LesPaul is the author.  He posts here and will read yours.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 02:10:40 pm »

Did you download through iTunes or via the App Store on the iPad?
If you download via iTunes, Apple assumes you have a device that can run the app that you download (which obviously is a big assumption).
When you download via the App Store on the device (your iPad) you will only see versions of apps that will run on your device.
If there is a JRemote version that runs on 5.x you should be able to download it from your iPad.
Since the newer version doesn't run on your device you should be able to get a refund from Apple.

RHA

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 04:50:05 pm »

New to JRiver Media Center and JRemote.  I have the same problem with iOS 5.1.1 and unable to contact JRemote.  Was this problem ever solved?   I am using/purchased the latest version of Media Center.  Is it possible to download the last version of MC that was compatible with iOS 5.1.1?  I don't want to have to buy a new iDevice just to make this whole thing work!
Thanks for any info.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can't download JRemote to iPad (version 1) with ios 5.1.1
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 08:36:53 am »

I have contacted Apple regarding this issue.
Several people have complained about not being able to download older versions. This used to work, but now seems to be broken.

Will update here when I receive a response.

RHA

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 03:31:52 pm »

Thank you.  Much appreciated!  The iPad is used solely as a remote for my music server and I really need to use a remote to control MC.  Here's hoping!!

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 03:41:35 am »

Ok, after much back and forth with Apple support this is what I have at the moment:

1) They say that those that have issues with downloading an older version of JRemote need to contact apple support.
2) If it turns out the problem is specific to JRemote they will then contact me.

I have to say, It`s not easy communicating with Apple, all their responses seem pre-written.
I guess it`s up to you to push them into resolving the issue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up