INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about multiple levels of rollers and nesting in Theatre View  (Read 1395 times)

BigJ

• Recent member

Here is an example what I would like to see in my Theatre View menu choices:

Search
Audio
...Music
......by Genre
......by Artist
......Last Played
......Recently Added
Video
...Movies
......by Title
......by Director
......by Actor
......by Genre
......Last Played
......Recently Added
...Shows
......by Series
......by Studio
......by Actor
......by Genre
......Last Played
......Recently Added

Where the second And third levels are rollers, the first level is always shown, and I don't leave the main Theatre View page/menu until selecting something in the lowest level.

Currently it leaves the main Theatre View once I select Videos, and the choices for what sort of video or what view are made from a second screen.

I tried creating a new Grouping ("my Movies") and then nested "by Title" underneath it, which sort of worked but put "my Movies" on the top level, rather than nested under a grandparent Videos item, and it wouldn't let me nest my Movies > by Title under Videos.

What am I doing wrong?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question about multiple levels of rollers and nesting in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:44:12 pm »

Try changing your Video to a Secondary roller or Main roller. Try both and see the effect.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

BigJ

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:28:52 pm »

No matter what I've tried I can not get Theatre View to show three levels on the main screen.

This works fine:

Audio
> Music
> Stand-Up
> Audiobooks
Video
> Movies
> Shows
> Concerts

But this does not:

Audio
> Music
>> Genre
>> Artist
>> Recently Added
>> Last Played

And the only way to see the third level (Genre, Artist, etc) is to select Music and then go to another screen.

Is this normal (how it is supposed to work)?  I thought for sure that I'd seen or heard of people having three levels in the main Theatre View screen.  And I feel like I've tried every combination of settings, having created and recreated Categories and toggled the Main / Secondary roller settings.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 03:29:08 pm »

I know of no way to create a third roller on the main page.  Categories cannot be nested. 

The third row will be across the top when you go into the View, as you mentioned.  You can create a fourth, fifth, etc level using Folders once inside the View.
Pages: [1]   Go Up