INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I cant skip tracks via remote :-(  (Read 1603 times)

svtcontour

• Recent member
I cant skip tracks via remote :-(
« on: September 20, 2014, 10:55:44 pm »

Hi everyone, this has happened now a second time to me and I for the life of me cannot figure out what option I've changed. In theater mode, I used to be able to select a song to play and then just hit the skip button on the remote and go to the next track. I can no longer do that. I have to manually choose another track and play it. If I restore via a ghost image, then all will be fine. Any idea what option would affect this?

Any help would be appreciated.

svtcontour

• Recent member
Re: I cant skip tracks via remote :-(
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 01:54:28 pm »

Well I've decided to give up and go back to XBMC. I don't know what the issue is and its annoying to have to image back whenever this does happen.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 02:16:09 pm »

Hi everyone, this has happened now a second time to me and I for the life of me cannot figure out what option I've changed. In theater mode, I used to be able to select a song to play and then just hit the skip button on the remote and go to the next track. I can no longer do that. I have to manually choose another track and play it. If I restore via a ghost image, then all will be fine. Any idea what option would affect this?
That should work.  What version of MC are you using?  What remote?  And what are you playing?

svtcontour

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 03:33:51 pm »

Hi,   I'm playing just 2 channel audio via version 19. Actually I just realized it doesn't work even via keyboard. Basically I just cannot skip tracks. I should mention that all my music is WAV and because they are not tagged, I have opted to browse via directory structure.  So lets say I go into a folder called ACDC and I play the first track, I cant skip to the next song with remote or keyboard. I have to manually choose the next track by clicking on it and hit play. If I restore my system, then it will work fine by skipping to the next track.

Usually when all is good, the behavior is that it plays all the music in the folder and I can skip to any of them within the folder. Now if I hit skip, its as though I've clicked nothing.  Just cant figure out what has changed when this does happen.

svtcontour

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 08:17:18 pm »

LOL I'm an idiot. That's the problem. I just realized that when I was hitting play, there was the option of play all. That's what I was supposed to be choosing. Once chosen, then it becomes the default action for hitting the play button on the remote. The reason a system restore was working of course is because it was remembering my last choice which was play all instead of play.

That's what I get for sitting too far back in front of a small screen! Ok no need to go to xbmc because it was a user error.
Pages: [1]   Go Up