INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG: Guide data is not valid  (Read 4293 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
EPG: Guide data is not valid
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:26:15 pm »

I noticed that my program guide was almost empty so I started trying to manually reload EPG data.

Using 19.163 and 20.17 I cannot load EPG. I get a popup "The guide is not valid or the program file is empty", a few seconds after hitting Next when I try to kickoff the data load.

With 19.163, I switched to loading data provided by the stations. That seems to be working (slowly) but I think it may have skipped a channel. I suppose I will have to wait 30 minutes to an hour and see what the results are.

This all seems strange because I don't think I was playing around with any tuner settings before the problem appeared.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: EPG: Guide data is not valid
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:26:48 pm »

Yeah.  This seems to be incredibly unreliable.  I think it is based on server load or something somewhere, because I've seen it come and go a lot.  But it happens all the time to me.

If you reload it over and over, you can usually get it to load correctly.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:59:40 am »

The default method downloads data from the internet.  MC20.0.17 had some improvement in it, but if downloading can not succeed after a few retries, you would get such message.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 11:37:40 pm »

I've been using the Load Program Guide feature ever since it was introduced. However, in the last week, my program guide data is empty and I receive the "The program guide file is not valid, or does not contain any program information for channels in your channel list" message.

My overall HTPC setup hasn't changed in over a year. The recent changes are:

1. Updated to MC 20.0.131   (previous working version was 125)\
2. Updated the firmware on my HD Homerun Cable card for the June firmware update.

Can seem to find any way to solve the EPG guide problem.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 01:12:59 pm »

I'm locking this thread and the other EPG threads.  If you find a problem with MC21's EPG, please report it in a new thread.

mc2xml should be fully functional in MC21. 

You can download MC21 for Windows from the MC21 Board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up