INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: issues with loss of focus, hanging and netflix  (Read 1112 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
issues with loss of focus, hanging and netflix
« on: September 24, 2014, 10:01:58 am »

I have three issues.
1. I have asked previously and did not get a solution. while it does not happen every time it does happen often enough to be a problem for me. If I pause a movie and leave it paused for let say 30 seconds or if I pause and then restart quickly and (this is using the remote) the sound starts but I have a black screen. I have to go to the keyboard hit ctrl-alt-del and once I click on task manger it regains its focus. I dont have to stop MC in task manager. I had this problem with windows 7 and windows media center installed so I did a new install of windows 8 and did not reinstall windows media center just in case there was some conflict. Still the problem exists. I always have the latest builds of MC and the latest driver for my video card. I have searched the forum for solutions and have tried a couple of solutions for others  but still nothing has solved this. Of those solutions I have checked in options>theater view I have checked use full screen exclusive mode for drawing and then under ease of access I have under make mouse easier to use I have the activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse checked.
2. the second issue is the MC hangs because it stops recognizing the remote. Most of the time after a period it does unhang and start responding again. I have read the trouble shooting  guide  that glynor has and I did  disable windows defender but that has not worked.
3. Finally Netflix on my computer that I use as the server to my 2 client computers will not let me log into my Netflix account. it causes the program to freeze. it also will not display any of the ques of movies. while the clients work perfectly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: issues with loss of focus, hanging and netflix
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 10:07:58 am »

Would you copy and paste this to your old thread?

Please provide more details about where you're starting (Standard or Theater View) and which view is on the screen.

Try stop instead of pause.

Use the 5 key pad for all navigation (arrows and OK).

I believe Netflix limits the number of machines you can use.  Try logging in with a browser.  You might get an error message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up