INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing a folder from the library?  (Read 1126 times)

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck
Removing a folder from the library?
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:42:26 pm »

This seems like it should be really simple, but I can't find anything about it.  I want to remove a folder of previously imported audio files from my library.  I'd rather not do it by shift-selecting and pressing del because I'm talking about 20,000 tracks that I want to remove.  Can I use library manager or something to tell it to no longer include a specific folder on the drive as part of the library?

Thx

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Removing a folder from the library?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 09:53:38 pm »

You can search for the folder, then check carefully, then read carefully when you delete them.

Backup your library first.

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 04:40:22 am »

Can I use library manager or something to tell it to no longer include a specific folder on the drive as part of the library?

Thx

what Jim said + clarification

1) always backup your library AND data drives before removing that much stuff
2) as it is just a specific folder (folders) use a file view to select files, no way you can make a mistake selecting just ctrl+a. Then on delete make sure you check remove from Library only in the wizard box (the first choice)
3) not library manager but autoimport configuration ... specify the folders to EXCLUDE by using the edit button. This way on future imports these files will not be included in the liobrary but will stay physically present on your drive(s).

4) run autoimport to see if your config is ok with the exclusions - re-backup your library

Datman

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 05:47:37 pm »

What I always hated was if I delete files to make space for new ones most times the old deleted file info still is there with a red X and I have to delete each file info again. There must be a better way.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:21:24 am »

What I always hated was if I delete files to make space for new ones most times the old deleted file info still is there with a red X and I have to delete each file info again. There must be a better way.
you either have not done my reply to your 3rd question. Or you have not set up autoimport options with the necessary exclusion and check the fix broken links option. The red x's are just broken links that will "repair" themselves. You can also delete entire albums in a "category" type view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up