INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with editing one of my library views  (Read 1396 times)

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
Help with editing one of my library views
« on: September 30, 2014, 01:00:36 am »

I have searched the tools and found that the area I have circled in red in the pic I have attached is what is called the "Link Bar" and its feature can be turned on/off under Tools>Options>General>Features>Link Bar

My question is:  Is it all or nothing with this feature? or is there a way to edit so you can chose what you want to see as links in this area?

Thanks, your help is much appreciated! 
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with editing one of my library views
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 01:05:49 am »

Morning Miss Rocky,

Links are highly customisable, and are the easiest things to share using the 'copy/paste' options provided in the "Manage Links" tool.

Have a look at this thread for some great examples: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83371

-marko

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 01:10:39 am »

Morning Miss Rocky,

Links are highly customisable, and are the easiest things to share using the 'copy/paste' options provided in the "Manage Links" tool.

Have a look at this thread for some great examples: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83371

-marko

Hello marko ~

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for.  ;)

PS:  I should never underestimate what the right click option can do....If I had only used that on the link bar itself. 
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 01:18:42 am »

EDIT: You're welcome.

My question is:  Is it all or nothing with this feature? or is there a way to edit so you can chose what you want to see as links in this area?

Thanks, your help is much appreciated! 
I'm not sure that answers your question, well not directly anyway. The answer is: You can set them so that they display based on the tags of the files in the current list or selection.

For example, any photos I upload to Flickr are given a "Flickr" keywords tag.
I have set up a link I called "Show on Flickr" that only appears in the links bar if the file list is images, and then, if the keywords field contains Flickr, otherwise, that link does not appear.
It's a very clever system. (I'm talking about the whole links thing there, not my Flickr link ;))

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up