INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing Audio Path in Theater View or JRemote  (Read 2611 times)

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member
Viewing Audio Path in Theater View or JRemote
« on: October 09, 2014, 04:29:47 am »

It looks like I'll probably be adding a miniDSP nanoAVR-DL to my system to utilize Dirac Live so I'll have to have JRiver decode Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS MA (currently I bitstream). I'm really picky with making sure output is correct so is there a way to bring up the Audio Path in Theater View or JRemote so I can be reassured that the input and output is doing what I think it is? I use an IR remote 99.9% of the time with JRiver in Theater View as it's a real PITA to use a mouse and keyboard with my setup.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Viewing Audio Path in Theater View or JRemote
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 06:55:13 am »

By audio path I'm assuming that you are not talking about the physicql folder path (this is easy to do in both JRemote and Theater View).

If you are referring to "audio path" that is shown by clicking the DSP button from Standard View - no. You could learn a toggle to your IR remote to jump from Theater View to Standard View, but short of a command line that I'm not familiar with, you'd have to find a way to "click" the button somehow to show this external information. I don't see why you can't just set-up your gear and check it once or occasionally via standard view. You can use TeamViewer on a tablet to do this without a mouse other wise. I know it works in IOS, pretty sure they have an app for Android too.

Not going to google all of your equipment, but many dacs will show you what they are inputting. Bitstreaming on the otherhand, well its bitstreaming :)

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member
Re: Viewing Audio Path in Theater View or JRemote
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 10:08:48 am »

If you are referring to "audio path" that is shown by clicking the DSP button from Standard View - no. You could learn a toggle to your IR remote to jump from Theater View to Standard View, but short of a command line that I'm not familiar with, you'd have to find a way to "click" the button somehow to show this external information.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. Yes that's what I was talking about.

From the JRiverWiki:

I don't see why you can't just set-up your gear and check it once or occasionally via standard view. You can use TeamViewer on a tablet to do this without a mouse other wise. I know it works in IOS, pretty sure they have an app for Android too.

My wireless keyboard and mouse doesn't work too far away from my HTPC. I can't sit in front of the screen with the mouse and keyboard. I use Splashtop to remote into it from my desktop but I can't play a video because I have to run madVR in exclusive mode. It crashes Splashtop. I should try another remote desktop program.

Not going to google all of your equipment, but many dacs will show you what they are inputting. Bitstreaming on the otherhand, well its bitstreaming :)

I know how to get my AVR to show that info but if I have JRiver decode it will always say Multi channel LPCM at whatever sampling rate. I'm just picky about making sure it says Input: Dolby Digital TrueHD 7.1 Output LPCM 7.1 etc in Theater view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up