INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote iphone forward/rewind  (Read 1091 times)

EasyEd

• Recent member
JRemote iphone forward/rewind
« on: October 18, 2014, 12:42:09 pm »

Is there a way to fast forward and/or rewind in the iphone?  The seek bar at the top is nice to get in the vicinity of where you want to be. But it is way to sensitive (small) on the iphone to get it to rewind  to exactly where you want to be.  I have seen some posts that talk about swipes, but they don't seem to work.  I suspect that might be on the iphone version.  There needs to be forward and back arrows similar to normal remotes.  Or a 30 sec rewind button.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote iphone forward/rewind
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 01:42:18 pm »

I was surprised to find that I'd like to have them on the phone, since I find those buttons an annoyance on the iPad.
I guess because the seek bar is large enough there that you don't need it.

I'd actually prefer left/right arrow commands to be sent than +/- 30s, that way you can set whatever duration you want on the client.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote iphone forward/rewind
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 01:46:41 pm »

I think the way apple has done this is probably the best solution, where you can change sensitivity by moving your finger away from the slider.
This is something I intend to add soon.

Regarding the +/- buttons on the iPad, I kind of regret adding them the way they are now.
May be a good idea to send arrow command like 6233638 suggested, but not sure if that would work in all instances.
Could also make the skip value a setting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up