INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client plays live tv and audio files but will not play recordings/video files  (Read 1239 times)

crawfofd

• World Citizen

I'm more then likely doing something wrong or missing a step, but my client pc connected to the server will play live tv and audio files with no problem but will not play tv recordings or saved video files.

Both machines are running mc20.0.26, server machine running win7 home premium, and client running win8.1

Any help would be appreciated.

I have looked in the forum and can not find any solution.

crawfofd

• World Citizen

[Bump]

Does any one ha e any suggestions. I tried reinstalling the client. The server works fine.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

We need more information if you want assistance.  For example:

* What happens when you try to play them?  I'd assume there is an error message of some kind, but maybe not.  What do you mean by "will not play"?
* What kind of video files?
* Do the videos play properly on the server?
* Where are the video files stored on the Server?
* Is the Client on the same network as the Server, or is it a remote client?
* Assuming it is on the local LAN, can the client access the files directly, or does it need to rely upon MC's streaming functionality?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

crawfofd

• World Citizen

glynor,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't provide all the info will try better next time.

I did solve the problem though. After you requested the extra info I got to thinking and tried to use another program to run the files (I should have done this before posting). I could not get the other programs to  run the videos either. So I started troubleshooting network problems.  Nothing stood out as being bad but I thought it had something to do with the files being loaded to slow or not at all so I went on line and looked for slow network issues and found this.

For slow network on win7 Disable "Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4)" and ""Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6). Did this and everything started to working.

I will try harder to do more troubleshooting before posting,  Thanks again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up