INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ripping error mc20  (Read 1569 times)

coddfish

ripping error mc20
« on: October 20, 2014, 10:01:02 pm »

Hi, Just wondering if any one can help with a recent error I have been getting when trying to rip cd's in MC20. I've got about 3/4 of the way through ripping my entire cd collection with jriver and and have just recently been getting the following error when trying to rip "The output directory could not be created for one or more files, please double check the output directory in the ripping options." I did so and my output directory is the same as it's always been several months ago since I started ripping my cd's and I have made no recent changes to any of my settings. I have been ripping my files in Aiff to my "f"drive titled "uncompressed music" and have tried a number of different cd's and the same error keeps popping up. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ripping error mc20
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 07:00:20 am »

What happens if you pick a different output folder, as a test?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

coddfish

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:24:57 am »

Thank you, that seemed to have helped. It allows me to rip to a new folder that I created but when I switch back to my original music folder where all my music is stored it throws the ripping error. Its strange because after I rip my music to my main Aiff folder I then use jriver to convert those files to a Flac folder. I had to create a new Flac folder as well because it was throwing an error and wouldn't let me convert without creating a new folder for my flac conversions too. I even tried renaming my original aiff folder and my original flac folders and then switching back and forth but it still wont let me rip to those folders only the new ones. I guess Ill just have to rip to the new folders and then copy and paste the new files back to my original folder 

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:30:31 am »

maybe the permissions for the older folders got changed somehow?  Check their properties to make sure they have read/write authorizations?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:22:04 am »

maybe the permissions for the older folders got changed somehow?  Check their properties to make sure they have read/write authorizations?

If so, the simplest test is to do what Matt suggested, and just move to a newly created folder somewhere and test there.

However, this section of the Disk Troubleshooting guide has links to some stuff to help sort out permissions issues:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Disks#Filesystem_Permissions_Errors
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up