INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplication of Files  (Read 2027 times)

MNP500

• Recent member
Duplication of Files
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:26:56 pm »

Is there any reason that JRiver would have ripped files twice? In the attached jpeg, those same 6 flac files are also found in the folder you see on top of the list. I definitely did not rip the CD twice. I'm confused as to why this would happen. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Duplication of Files
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:55:26 am »

At least some of the filenames are different.

Take a look at the locations.

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:04:54 am »

Just guessing but I'd say you have set up a ripping mask (template) that is being reimported to a different path through your autoconfig setttings. Take a look at which folder you are watching and any rules you might have applied. It could also have happened using Rename, Move & Copy tool. Otherwise I can't think of anything that JRiver would do automatically.

BTW-- you don't seem to be ripping the track number to your file name, might be a good idea

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:14 am »

BTW-- you don't seem to be ripping the track number to your file name, might be a good idea

My guess is that this would fix the issue. It seems that some files, based on OP's naming scheme, result in identical filenames.

MNP500

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:29:24 am »

thanks.. I don't have any templates or ripping masks. And what do you mean about ripping the track number to my file name?? I have only just let JRiver put them where it wants to. For every disc I rip the only thing I edit is: album, artist, composer, genre, conductor, orchestra, and disc#.  Thanks

Michael

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 10:45:07 am »

Your ripped files are named according to the rules set in Options > File Location > Audio

For the vast majority of cases the default settings will work fine. I'm guessing that some classical albums with lots of similar movements might have some issues. In this case, change 'Filename rule' to:
Code: [Select]
[Track #] - [Artist] - [Name]
and Folder rule to:
Code: [Select]
[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]
This should give you a clean file structure without duplicates. Running Rename, Move, Copy using the rules above should also fix your existing issue.

MNP500

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 11:55:48 am »

thanks Bryan..I'll give it a try
Pages: [1]   Go Up