INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't register MC20 with .mjr key or restore license  (Read 928 times)

Peter-T

Can't register MC20 with .mjr key or restore license
« on: October 25, 2014, 11:31:23 am »

I have installed and registered (upgrade) MC20 with succes under Windows-server 2012 on computer 1 (running from an HD). On computer 2, running W2012 from an USB stick, I can install MC20 but cannot get it registered. (Earlier, I managed registration for MC18 and MC19 on that machine). The .mjr keyfile dated 17 oct. 2014 did not work. I finally gave up and wasted another restore to register MC20 on computer 2. That did not work either. The second .mjr key file I got with that restore dated 25-oct-2014 also could not register the MC20. Computer 2 is connected to the internet, no problems there. Please help me to get my purchase properly registered.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't register MC20 with .mjr key or restore license
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 11:35:02 am »

You must do a portable install from a machine that is licensed.  The wiki has a topic on this.

Peter-T

Re: Can't register MC20 with .mjr key or restore license
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 03:33:08 pm »

I have done that : on computer A (licensed for MC20 and MC19, running W8) I installed MC20 now as a portable version in a folder of the USB stick that contains  a bootable W2012.
Looks OK. If I startup MC20 from the portable folder on computer A, MC20 is registered.
Then I remove the USB stick and use it to startup W2012 on computer B. MC20 will start from the portable folder, but is no longer registered. Works just as a trial version. Then I doubleclick on the .mjr file that I got today when I tried to restore (in vain) a license in my earlier try. The only thing that happens is that MC20 is started and is still not registered. What have I done wrong?
Pages: [1]   Go Up