INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox for Linux  (Read 3636 times)

Trenton

Media Jukebox for Linux
« on: October 26, 2014, 02:29:12 pm »

I can't tell you how wonderfully pleased I am to find Media Jukebox for Linux!!!
I know you call it Media Center now but I've used it so long (since version 6) I still affectionately refer to it as "Jukebox."  I can't help myself.  You've spoiled me!

Anyway, I just started playing with Linux and I still have a lot to learn but the one thing I used all my computers for is playing music (MP3's).  I downloaded several recommended players for Linux Zorin and compared to MC they are all pathetic junk.  I would list all the problems I had with the "recommended players" but I don't wish to write a novel.  My biggest complaint with ALL of them is they had no intelligible file tree and could not seem to read tags and/or they tried to rewrite or alter them. 

MC20 installed with such ease and speed I didn't know it finished!  As soon as I opened it I felt like I was home again.  I browsed my music folder, imported my music files from the numerous album folders with ease, clicked the play button and I was off and running.  No bugs, no breaks, and very little tweaking for personal settings.

I'm still tinkering with MC20 on Zorin and I'm anxious to try it on Linux\Mint.  Assuming it works as well as the windows version it will be my pleasure to purchase the license.

Thank you ever so much for the time and effort you put into making this the best media player on earth!

Gratefully,
M.P. Trenton

Trenton

Media Jukebox for Linux
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:05:37 pm »

Great News.  MC20 installed beautifully on Linux Mint without so much as a hiccup.  I don't have videos or other features yet but it does what I need it to do.

balky

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Jukebox for Linux
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:58:16 am »

I can't tell you how wonderfully pleased I am to find Media Jukebox for Linux!!!
I know you call it Media Center now but I've used it so long (since version 6) I still affectionately refer to it as "Jukebox."  I can't help myself.  You've spoiled me!

Anyway, I just started playing with Linux and I still have a lot to learn but the one thing I used all my computers for is playing music (MP3's).  I downloaded several recommended players for Linux Zorin and compared to MC they are all pathetic junk.  I would list all the problems I had with the "recommended players" but I don't wish to write a novel.  My biggest complaint with ALL of them is they had no intelligible file tree and could not seem to read tags and/or they tried to rewrite or alter them. 

MC20 installed with such ease and speed I didn't know it finished!  As soon as I opened it I felt like I was home again.  I browsed my music folder, imported my music files from the numerous album folders with ease, clicked the play button and I was off and running.  No bugs, no breaks, and very little tweaking for personal settings.

I'm still tinkering with MC20 on Zorin and I'm anxious to try it on Linux\Mint.  Assuming it works as well as the windows version it will be my pleasure to purchase the license.

Thank you ever so much for the time and effort you put into making this the best media player on earth!

Gratefully,
M.P. Trenton

Coincidentally the hostname of my Linux setup is Jukebox!!!

Very very true... these JRiver guys have spoiled me big time...

Running my setup on Debian, I put in 3X 1TB drives and configured ZFS, and afterwards, re-ripped all my CDs (700+) into flac, no more mp3 ever, and after that I got an external DAC,
DAC goes out into a 2 Channel Denon pre-amp...

Everything is controlled from JRemote on my iPad 2

Really have no words to describe how amazing this is...  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up