INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now Playing does not update unless it is replaced  (Read 4090 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Now Playing does not update unless it is replaced
« on: October 30, 2014, 11:22:30 pm »

Any playback command which does not completely replace the Now Playing list, does not update JRemote.
Even when the entire list is replaced, it seems to be a 50/50 chance of whether it will update or not.

I'm currently seeing the previous track listing (album by artist A) while the tracks are actually playing the current album. (album by artist B)

If I select Track #3 it does play the third track of "Album B" however all the information being displayed is for track 3 from "Album A".

It does eventually catch up, but sometimes only after what seems like 5-10 minutes.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Now Playing does not update unless it is replaced.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 11:22:29 pm »

Yep, same thing here.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:37:09 am »

for me, too. I must close out JRemote and reopen in order to see the new/currently playing list.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 10:34:11 am »

Ok, will look at this and report back.
I was thinking it could be a slow connection, but there must be something else going on here.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:40:32 am »

Ok, will look at this and report back.
I was thinking it could be a slow connection, but there must be something else going on here.
No, not a slow connection.  I think it started with last update on 10/29.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 09:19:04 am »

Just downloaded latest update to 3.10 and it does not fix this problem.   

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 09:34:27 am »

Sorry guys, I have not been able to reproduce the issue here.
Lets see if you have anything in common regarding MC version, iOS version, iDevice and steps to reproduce.

Is it happening all the time or only when you alter the playlist in a specific way?

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 09:43:36 am »

Sorry guys, I have not been able to reproduce the issue here.
Lets see if you have anything in common regarding MC version, iOS version, iDevice and steps to reproduce.

Is it happening all the time or only when you alter the playlist in a specific way?

I almost never alter the playlist as I play entire albums.     Using MC 20 Windows as server on Win7, iPhone 5, iOS 8.    I have three zones: Video, Player, DSD.   I have M20 Mac version; i will try that as well as and see if it happens there.   But I don't think this was happening before the 10/29 update  (but only using MC19 at the time).

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 09:20:37 am »

I am on the Mac side now.   This problem not happening here.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 08:03:30 pm »

Back to the Windows side once again.   Problem still present but here's a clue.   When I select an album to play and then hit the play button, first track plays with previous play list showing.   But as soon as the second track on the album plays the current (correct) album playlist appears.   

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 02:48:46 am »

Ok, thank you for the further information.
It`s a bit strange that the problem is not present with the MAC. Are they located in different areas or networks?

BTW, I also usually play entire albums, but have never seen the refresh issue myself.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 08:53:31 am »

All on same network using same shared media files from a MacPro.   I have Win7 on a boot camp partition on  a Mac Mini with Mavericks on the other partition.   Everything is connected via ethernet except iPhone of course.   I noticed this morning when I opened JRemote that the now playing list showed a single item with a title of "lPC" at the top with no actual item in the list.  Usually that would be showing the last file I played - very strange.   

shadowlight

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 11:22:51 am »

Seeing similar issues with JRemote and JRiver 19.0.163.  The other issue that I am also running into is that JRemote quits on me.  Running JRemote 3.1 on iPad mini with iOS 8.1.1.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 12:57:40 pm »

Any insight into this issue?  I can't ever rule out network issues since my media shares are still hosted on OS X.  I have recently moved my media share files to an old Mac Mini running Snow Leopard and that works well as I would expect because SL was Apple's last OS with real SMB a la Samba.  So that strange Ipc thing is gone but the playlist issue remains.

Dan1970

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 09:11:27 am »

Just to add, it happens on the MAC side as well...

I'm seeing this exactly the same as mstan reported:

"When I select an album to play and then hit the play button, first track plays with previous play list showing.   But as soon as the second track on the album plays the current (correct) album playlist appears"

This is on mac mini and mac os; everything latest versions.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 08:42:53 am »

I am happy to report that this problem appears solved on my system.   

The issue turned out to be i/o errors with a 4TB hard drive attached to a Mac Mini via Firewire (running Snow Leopard and media files shared out to Win7); switching to USB solved the problem.   Oddly, this problem never affected media playback, just the playlist issue and, as I just discovered, a delete denied permissions error on both JRiver and on OS X.  Nothing to do with JRiver MC or JRemote.   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Now Playing does not update unless it is replaced [Solved]
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 09:05:02 am »

Thanks for reporting the solution.

shadowlight

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 04:35:39 pm »

Seeing similar issues with JRemote and JRiver 19.0.163.  The other issue that I am also running into is that JRemote quits on me.  Running JRemote 3.1 on iPad mini with iOS 8.1.1.

Any input on what I can do to resolve the issue of JRemote crashing on me on iPad mini.

TIA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 06:33:54 pm »

If you haven't done so, give MC20 a try, just to see if the problem remains or not.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 02:21:13 pm »

Update: Problem still solved but for a different reason.   It looks like the problem was caused by the hard disk going into sleep mode in spite of OS settings to not sleep.   I installed a utility to keep the hard drive from sleeping and instantly the playlist problem goes away.    A question for Les Paul would be can you fix this in JRemote so that a sleeping HDD doesn't cause this?

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 05:05:53 pm »

I am seeing similar behavior with Gizmo

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 08:38:59 am »

It's nothing to do with I/O failures on my system, and I don't let my drive sleep.

I'm currently using JRemote on a 3GS (I just can't bring myself upgrade to an iPhone 6 while they still only have 1GB RAM) so whatever the last version to support iOS6 was, with MC20 over a local connection. PC is wired, iPhone wireless.

When I started this topic, it was a problem with my iPad Air but I don't use that for JRemote any more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up