INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to delete unwanted files on Pono  (Read 9057 times)

lefthalf

How to delete unwanted files on Pono
« on: November 19, 2014, 08:15:25 pm »

I somehow synched lots of files I don't want on my Pono and have not found a way to delete them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to delete unwanted files on Pono
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 09:20:15 am »

I somehow synched lots of files I don't want on my Pono and have not found a way to delete them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Select the PonoPlayer drive in the left-hand tree view, then select the files to delete and right-click and select 'Delete'.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JJGR

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 06:10:39 am »

Before i figured out that this was the proper way to remove files within PMW (20.0.36), i "side unloaded" them directly through the Mac Finder.  This worked fine to remove the music files (from both Finder and PMW) - but now PMW and Finder still view the Available space on the internal and external drives as if those original files are still there.  I've tried "forgetting" the drives, rediscovering the drives within PMW, also even tried erasing drive free space through Mac Disk Utility to no avail. Any idea how to force a reset of the Available space on the drives?  I have a support ticket open with Pono.  Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions! 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:27:54 am »

Tools > Options > Handhelds > Redetect devices

JJGR

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 12:44:37 pm »

Thank you, Jim - I did try "Tools > Options > Handhelds > Redetect devices", but no luck.  My problem is not that the drives aren't detected, it's that memory i cleared on the side, shows up as being occupied in PMW and on the Pono Player.  Problem affects both the internal memory and the SD card.  ?

petegas

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 07:40:20 pm »

Is it possible you didn't empty your trash?  The files could still be there in the hidden trash directory on the internal memory and SD

JJGR

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 08:09:40 pm »

petegas - great question!  How would i find and empty the hidden trash directory?

JJGR

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 08:21:34 pm »

petegas - you're brilliant - that was it!  Problem solved.  All i had to do was open Finder, and Empty Trash.  Now both my internal memory and SD card show the proper amount of memory used. I don't understand why Trash on my OSX clears memory on the Pono Player or SD card - but that was the answer.  Many thanks!

petegas

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 09:18:41 pm »

Awesome, glad to help!  The Mac just sees the pono player drives as standard external USB drives, and that is how Mac OSX works (each connected drive maintains its own trash).  I personally like to see hidden files and folders in the finder - you can do it with a simple Terminal command.  http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/quickly-showhide-hidden-files-mac-os-x-mavericks/

JJGR

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 07:13:14 am »

Cool - thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up