INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUE File Problems  (Read 2338 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
CUE File Problems
« on: November 20, 2014, 03:16:37 pm »

As of build 40, CUE files which have been removed from the library are not imported again when auto-import runs. This is a good thing.

When a CUE file is removed from the library, it now shows up in the Deleted Items list as expected.

However, if you remove a CUE file from the Deleted Items list, it is still skipped over by auto-import.
Removing it from the Deleted Items list should allow it to be re-imported, as this is what happens with all other files.

Re: CUE File Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 02:57:44 pm »

Even after manually running auto-import with the "fix broken links" option enabled, and "ignore files previously removed from library" disabled these CUE files seem to be permanently gone.
I don't know how you're marking these files as being removed, but it doesn't seem to be the "deleted items" list, and there doesn't seem to be any way of getting them back.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 02:39:39 pm »

Opening a new thread so it's clear.  On 20.0.41, removed all ;# files, I have cue files set to not import.  I have removed files set to not get added back.  

For the record:
0) Upgraded to 20.0.41
1) I removed all the files
2) Ran auto-import
3) Checked the smartlist to find these things, they were not there
4) I closed MC, reopened it, they were still not there
5) I reran auto-import, they were still not there
[all of 1-5 was 11/21 3:00 PM PST]
6) This morning, I hit play, everything plays twice
[it imported them on 11/21 6:40 PM PST]

EDIT -
Prior post with screenshot before step 1:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93371.msg645115#msg645115

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:13:02 pm »

I have logging turned on constantly, here's what I find relative to one of those tracks (nothing unusual):

0288475: 3964: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Start
0288475: 3964: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Submitting: T:\music\albums\Ben Howard - Every Kingdom Deluxe Edition\01 Ben Howard - Old Pine.flac;1
0288475: 3964: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: File not taggable
0288475: 3964: Database: CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: Finish (0 ms)

If there's something in particular you're looking for in the log files for this issue, let me know, I can submit this one if that's helpful.

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 09:12:32 am »

the solutions given are not working for me, please clarify the this problem and the solution.

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 05:14:22 am »

Quote from: JimH on November 24, 2014, 05:06:48 pm

Matt described what to do in the first post.  At least some of the confusion is coming from people who don't want to do what he suggested there.

I have gone back and carefully followed Matt's instructions mentioned in the first post. Again.

It doesn't work. And I think its pretty clear it is not working for a lot of other people.

cue files are removed. Directory is reimported. I don't have any cue files with a ;1, etc.

I still have duplicate entries of songs.

I (and many others) would appreciate clarity and a fix.

Again, Matt's instructions may work for one of the use cases I mentioned above, but it is not working for a lot of people and causing a lot of thrash.  Whether one thinks the existence of those use cases are an argument for the elimination of cue files is besides the point. Your customers have them and it is causing problems.

The guidance so far has not worked for a lot of people as evidenced by the number of threads and comments since the change.

I have alot of files that are ripped in different manners or ways, each having its own typical characteristics. because of this, modifications were nescessary in jriver to make these files representable in a orderly fasion. please undoe this change cue file handeling, the advantage for this change is for me, nonexistent. I had some problems with cue files before but none as bad as I have now. the solutions given by matt are not working, I dont know why but they are not working. I sure wish they did and that this problem would go away but that is not the case. please reply to my comments, I already feel as if I am talking to a wall, and not taken seriously.
Pages: [1]   Go Up