INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library migration from MC14  (Read 790 times)

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
Library migration from MC14
« on: November 22, 2014, 09:16:08 am »

After substantial searching, I haven't found advice on migrating my libraries from MC14 to MC20. That's a lot of revisions, so I'm not surprised. Please forgive me if I missed a post.

The primary reason I want to backup and migrate the libraries is to retain smart playlists and some creative custom views with shortcuts. Is there a way to use an MC14 backup as a source to an MC20 restore? I purchased the MC20 license, so if I need to migrate through intermediate releases, I understand.

I have read about some problems encountered when other users upgraded. If the best advice is to start clean and reenter the smartlists and views, please do tell. It would be nice to have a text file that described the lists and views to help me reenter them, but I'm open to any suggestion.

I look forward to MC20, in particular, having network-distributed players controlled by the master computer. This is a flexible, powerful program that always surprises me with its depth. Running MCI Z87 i7-4770K @ 3.5GHz, 16Gb, 64-bit, GTX980, Realtek High Definition Audio into Levinson system.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library migration from MC14
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:20:38 am »

MC can restore a library from an older version's backup, but I don't know the limits.

You could install MC15, update, then MC16, and so on.  Old versions are on the wiki.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 09:30:05 am »

Thank you. I'll clone the system disk and first try MC20 for kicks. If it works, I'll let you know.

A special thanks to JimH, who is always ready to help a customer promptly. I've been here since MJ7 and wouldn't run anything else.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 09:31:02 am »

Thanks very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up