INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISO's on the client computer  (Read 1083 times)

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
ISO's on the client computer
« on: November 24, 2014, 06:27:08 pm »

I have a small number of DVD ISO's which no longer play on my client PC. It's through library server with the "Play local file" option checked, so really it should not be a problem. Actually, if I go to explorer and double-click the file there, it still won't play. It goes to the browser and asks for the JRiver password to downl;oad it. It also shows the network addres of the server computer on the url bar. Both computers get the files from a nas, so it's a little strange. Needless to say, they play fine on the server.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ISO's on the client computer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:47:25 pm »

Try setting the file associations again.  It's starting a browser instead of MC.

Tools > Options > File types.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 10:51:29 pm »

I reported this a couple of months back. I did reassociate the iso files with MC to no avail. I shall do so again.
I've had to work around by using the "find on disk - external" option and then double clicking from Windows Explorer. At that point, MC will play the ISO just fine, so I am not sure that the file association is the problem.

My issue is exactly as described, except I was using bluray rips, and that playing from windows actually worked.

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:55:45 am »

Oddly enough, association do not seem to work either, and unlike fitbrit, playing from location doesn't work either ...

It used to work, not sure what could have changed ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up