INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pono Music World 20.0.41 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 3245 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pono Music World 20.0.41 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: November 25, 2014, 05:30:03 pm »

20.0.41 (11/25/2014)
http://files.jriver.com/ponotest/PonoMusicWorld200041.dmg

1. Fixed: Playlists on PonoPlayer where showing in the tree view as the name of the device rather than the playlist name.
 2. Fixed: 'Select font...' dialog in Options / View & Tree was crashing on Yosemite.
 3. Fixed: The 'Folder Settings' dialog didn't scale nicely with a big size or for Retina mode.
 4. Fixed: The checkbox on the bottom of a popup didn't scale nicely with a big size or for Retina mode.
 5. Changed: PDT-226 - Store entry in left-hand view is now titled 'PonoMusic Store'.
 6. Fixed: PDT-200 - The text link to "Pono World Times" on the left side of the web page wasn't working.
 7. Changed: PMW now always downloads a track, even if a file for the same track already exists on the disk.  It appends a copy number to the end of the filename.
 8. Changed: PMW now checks and updates to the latest build right away at program startup rather than over a period of a day or two.
 9. Fixed: Tracks that hadn't completed downloading could sometimes be transferred to the PonoPlayer and fail in the process (e.g. if playlist "Recently imported" was selected for auto-sync).
 10. Fixed: If PonoMusic Store item in left-hand tree-view was clicked while already selected, the web browser could become disconnected from the player.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Pono Music World 20.0.41 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 05:32:28 pm »

We've had a report that entering the wrong login and password will result in a crash.

mysticisgod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 05:39:41 pm »

it crashes before I can even fill it out and sometimes doesn't even ask for pass/login, it just crashes.

The website screen is just white and the word 'Ready' at the bottom...then crash.

Timo

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:17:00 pm »

Crashing for me too before I get a chance to log on

monfster

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:03:10 pm »

20.0.41 seems to be working ok for me on OS X 10.10.1 (14B25), no wrong password crash

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 08:42:24 pm »

Maybe an auto login problem?

Try visiting the store in a web browser, if you can.

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 10:34:04 pm »

Crashing for me too before I get a chance to log on
I'm not seeing this on my Macbook running Yosemite.

Can you quickly click on another view like "Music Library" before it crashes?  Then you could enable logging (Help / Logging) and then bring up the store website again to produce a crash.  Then restart the player and go to logging and send me the PMW logs. (johnt at jriver dot com).  Please also send a copy of the Mac crash report.  Thanks!
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

mysticisgod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 11:26:19 pm »

not sure what happened but I was finally able to log in and now everything seems fine.

Another note please fix the key command Q in both PMW20 and JRMC20 for quitting. I know that this has been brought up before, but seems to be ignored.

Richheart

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 01:36:30 am »

PMW 40 mac mini late 2012 yosemite

Hangs, on selecting eject pono player (top right hand corner of screen)
downloading 20.0.41 now
(this is RichHeart, Moderator from the Pono community)

Richheart

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 01:45:43 am »

Hang on eject pono player - corrected on .41
weirdly, eject needs to be pressed twice for each of the internal hard drive and the sd card (as opposed to once each on 20.0.36).
In any event, can I propose that the eject button perhaps have 3 options: eject SD, eject Internal, eject all.

Timo

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 11:30:35 am »

Johnt,
First time I opened new release it crashed and I sent you the Apple report via email. 

Opened again and hasn't crashed. 

Fingers crossed, in technical talk!  Thanks.

channel-1

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 05:46:28 pm »

Overall, 20.041 is better, but EJECT is still sometimes problematic.

Today I ejected from within PMW20 and then exited.  The
PonoPlayer and SD card still appeared in Finder.  I tried ejecting from finder, but a popup says there
is an application still using the device.  In response, I clicked Cancel... but then Finder freezes and
I had to force quit and relaunch it.  But after relaunch, Finder is still frozen.  To unfreeze, I disconnected
PonoPlayer from USB, got message that Pono and SD were removed without properly ejecting, and
Finder started working again.

channel-1

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 05:32:49 pm »

I mounted the Ponoplayer and its SD card directly in Finder without opening PMW20.

If I try to eject the drives before I click "Done" on the player, then they eject normally from Finder.

If I click on "Done" and then try to eject the drives , then drives do not eject.

So.... "Done" has to be the absolutely last thing you do.  Drives must be ejected beforehand.

channel-1

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 05:37:52 pm »

When I try to preview music on the Pono Store from within PMW20, sound does not go through my DAC.
Instead it goes to the Mac's internal speakers. 

I recommend store previews be played through the device selected in PMW20 settings.

For me, I no longer try to access the Pono Store from within PMW20 for this reason. 

channel-1

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 12:33:04 pm »

When I minimize the main PMW20 window, there is no obvious way to maximize it from
within the application.  Recommend there be a menu for "Window" with a menu item
for "Bring all to front." 

Currently, you can right click on the PWM20 app in the dock and select "Show all windows," and then
select the window... but I had to scratch my head on this.  Not sure, I've ever had the need
to right-click an item in the dock before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up